MetLife Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

It takes around a month. Caught a phone call from a recruiter and asked me available time for onsite interview. 15 mins talk with a student actuary. Then interviewed with 3 fulltime in different team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Actuarial Interview

Interview

I met with four different people; I had a very positive experience. Interview questions were very fair, some more challenging than others. the whole process took several hours, which included lunch.

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviews were laid back, not too bad. They had some extremely smart and high up people interview me but it wasn't too tough. A lot of personality questions and give us an example of when this happened to you and what did you type questions. Mostly asking about group work, which I found to be true at most actuarial internship interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you cope with a group member who you disagreed with?   1 Answer

MetLife Response

Jul 19, 2016 – Global Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for writing a review about your interview experience with MetLife. We take the feedback we see on Glassdoor to heart and we’re so glad it all worked out for you and us. We hope things are... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The collected my resument in the career fair. I talked to a recruitor and she seemed to be interested in me at that time, asking me if it was ok to relocate.
    Then I had one phone interview. Very simple questions like " why do you want to be an actuary".
    On site interview included 3 one on one interviews. Two with senior acturies and one with a recruitor and actuary.

Interview Questions

• VBA and excel skills
      What did you do in your last internship?
      Do you have any cultural shock coming to US? (I'm an international student)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Wilmington, DE) in February 2012.

Interview

There is nice HR people guide the candiates when they are selected for the interview. I only have one round internview which is the on-site interview. This interview consists of 3 one to one interviews. I met unit manager, program director and the VP of Valuation Unit. They are nice. They talked much about the culture of the company, then ask couple easy questions from the resume.
    They will ask you the questions about the FM exam such as rule of 72, but those questions are pretty easy.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MetLife (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Phone interview. An hour interview with the to-be manager. Behavioural in the beginning followed by technical questions. Interviewer was very relaxed and it felt very comforting. Great experience overall. First job interview.

Interview Questions

• How many couples would you think get married within the next year in the UK? How do you calculate present value of profits in a software called Prophet?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MetLife (New Delhi (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds in the interview process.
    Round one was the HR ROUND and Round two was the technical abilities round.
    HR had a group discussion and describe yourself sort of thing. And technical round majorly had questions regarding the actuarial discipline. Both the rounds happened on the same day

Interview Questions

• HR round had a group discussion and technical round had questions regarding aptitude, profit testing and statistic in general   Answer Question