MetLife Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at MetLife

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Morristown, NJ) in September 2007.

Interview

I submitted my resume to my university, and they chose which applications would be submitted to MetLife. Intially, I had an on-campus interview with a company representative for a general entry-level position within the company. It was fairly straight-forward, and I was called within the week to come to the office for a second round interview. Second round consisted of multiple 1:1 interviews, after which we were all informed that decisions about offers would be immediately made, and offer letters would be mailed within the week. After I began working with MetLife, I found that the second round is more about personality than about skills-- if you've made it to the sconde round, you're qualified for the position-- the real question is whether you fit the environment. A successful candidate will be hard-working, independent, and have a sense of humor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a joke.   1 Answer
  • What is the current (1) stock price/ (2) CEO's name/ (3) recent acquisition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer not negotiable. Signing bonus date is slightly negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

It was nice. Good people. It was kind of a rushed situation. But everyone I spoke to was very nice. They also had very nice offices where I jnterviewed which was cool

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Troy, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview is conducted in various stages. At a minimum you have two behavioral interviews with two managers, followed by an interview by the hiring manager. Sometimes you have to also have a group interview with the them team. Basic questions are asked in behavioral interview, tell us a time when you faced a difficult situation, etc. if you live out of state, these are done via web-ex or phone. If you are selected you then have a background test and drug test. Then you need to attend a week long orientation process. Take a month or two to get in the door after actual interview. Slow process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you handled a difficult employee.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

1. Phone screening with HR - asking questions based on resume, simple behavior questions
    2. Onsite interview with manager - ask basic accounting questions, projects I have done in school
    3. Onsite interview with head manager - mainly behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• 1. What are the challenges you foresee doing this job?
      2. What experience do you have doing financial analysis?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I got HR phone screen in 3 days and she just introduce their company and what your duties. And I waited 2 weeks to get onsite interviews and phone interviews.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife in January 2008.

Interview

phone interview, then on-site interview with the group. Then waiting for feedback. Usually will be notified within a week if there is an offer. If accepted the offer, then background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• specific questions related the a given job. Eg, scenario testings, interest rate effect, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MetLife (New Delhi (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

simple process. 3 rounds of interview. have to clear all of them. interview was conducted at a consultant office and i was through with all. one was written, face to face general and with ops manager