MetLife Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.7

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Dayton, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I posted a few days ago about my process and said I would update with the status. I got the call today that I got the position. Took about a week for the whole process. Was very positive experience. Phone interview then sent an assessment. Was then given a 1:1 interview. That was Tuesday. Was told interviews were going through Thursday. Got a call that I got the position Friday.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Employee in Oriskany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MetLife (Oriskany, NY).

Interview

Very short and sweet. Went to a small room, she was surprised to see I had brought my Resume. Went over it and past experience in detail. Answered 4 questions and gave availability, then was offered the job on the spot. I started 2 weeks later. Training was 4 weeks, paid.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Phone interview went well. Pretty random questions asked in no particular order. Kind of hard to read where the interview was going or if I was keeping the interviewers interest or not.

Interview Questions

• What would you like MetLife to know about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MetLife (West Des Moines, IA) in September 2015.

Interview

Resume submitted via internet. Phone interview conducted. Advised it would be approximately a two week wait for call if selected. Phone call received to schedule personal interview.
    Interview conducted with three staff. Waiting for call. The interviewers took turns asking questions. They seems impressed with my responses and I am hopeful they will offer a job

Interview Questions

• How to handle unhappy customer on the phone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Dayton, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the local community college here, I gave her my resume and she passed it along to the hiring coordinator. Was called the next day for phone interview, was then asked to take assessment and personality quiz. The next day I called after I had finished and we set up an interview for the following day. Two person interview, very short. Said it be a few days, then they'd call. After a few days I was offered the job over the phone but the 11 week training course deterred me from accepting.

Interview Questions

The 11 week full-time required training course deterred me from accepting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Southfield, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Staff was very unprofessional during interview. They answered a cell phone call. The staff was bickering between themselves and they were late for the interview. Never in the history of my life have I ever had an interviewer be late for the interview they were conducting. I cant imagine what kind of service THEY give to customers of their company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time you had with a customer over the phone and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

100% unprofessional hiring processes. Consistent lack of communication and response to messages from recruiter and hiring team. No one wanted to take ownership of situations and passed the buck repeatedly, I could never get a solid answer, and they dragged the process out 4 months. Most of the time, I had to do their job for them by calling FINRA about my licenses and getting my drug test information. Not a company I would want to join after the way they conducted this process.

Interview Questions

• If talent and money were not an issue, what would be your dream job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

I was sent an e-mail from a recruiter and moved forward from there. I took a few tests online and got a phone call from 2 different recruiters. Unfortunately, the two recruiters didn't talk to each other, so the second one didn't realize that I'd already gotten a phone call. It was a little confusing for a bit until we figured out what happened. My actual interview was ok. I think that I was asked some important questions and I of course gave honest answers to them. The only thing I would have liked was some additional info on the actual job itself since I'd never worked in a call center before.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I was willing to work nights. The recruiter had indicated that I'd only work nights maybe 2-3 nights a week, but that was incorrect, so I wasn't expecting this question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. Basically, they said that this was what was available and didn't leave any wiggle room.

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Warwick, RI) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was a casual sit down conversation with a supervisor. They asked a lot of questions but they were all very easy, talking about past jobs, customer service experience, why Metlife, and why do you want to work in customer service. Easy questions, easy interview. Relaxed environment. Interview done in a back room right around where reps are taking phone calls.

Interview Questions

MetLife Response

Aug 15, 2016 – Global Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for writing a review about your interview experience with MetLife. We take the feedback we see on Glassdoor to heart and we’re so glad it all worked out for you and us. We wish you... More

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Dayton, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with a recruiter. She asked a ton of questions about prior experience, goals and what attributes I would bring to the company and then asked if I would be available to come in for a face to face interview with the Disability supervisor.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions asked in the face to face interview they basically just went over the position, responsibilities and hours. On the phone interview it was basically an introduction of yourself and your prior experience.   Answer Question

MetLife Response

Aug 15, 2016 – Global Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for writing a review about your interview experience with MetLife. We take the feedback we see on Glassdoor to heart. Although you accepted the offer, looks like the overall experience... More