MetLife Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife Director Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Technical and business questions via phone and then panel interview and hr for salary negotiation process nice people in general located I'm Whippany NJ hard to get by public transportation

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very slow recruiters.
    A little disorganized.
    Phone screen was first - but it was done behind HR's back to speed things up.
    Interview was a panel style with boss and 3 of boss' peers. Not structured - just 'tell me about yourself' sort of questions. Nothing very challenging. Odd choice of interviewers - only ever worked with 2 of the four of them.
    Suggest probing for specifics on your job responsibilities. With ineffective HR oversight, it's easy to make promises which aren't quite true, such as around team structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you approach problems.   1 Answer

MetLife Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Global Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for writing a review about your interview experience with MetLife. We take the feedback we see on Glassdoor to heart. Although you accepted the offer, it sounds like the overall ... More

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was traditional. It included a screening interview over the phone with HR, followed by a number of interviews with the Hiring Manager, several team members and the Department Executive. The last set of interviews were in person in NYC, and MetLife did make the travel arrangements for a full day of interviews. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions regarding insurance operations and benchmarking / best practices.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I interviewed at MetLife in November 2014.

Interview

I received a first round interview with recruiter about two weeks after applying online. I was asked mostly qualitative questions such as walk me through your resume, why this company, why the position, why I am leaving my current job, what makes me qualified for the role, and what differentiates me from other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with client experience metrics? If so, how do you calculate them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Interview

4 different conversations each was productive and informative.

Interview Questions

• not difficult but unexpected; what does diversity mean to me..............a bit canned   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MetLife in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by an in-house recruiter in response to my online application. The initial interview was with the hiring manager and a direct report. On the second day of interviews, I met separately with 6 individuals; then traveled back a third day for the last individual (who was not available on day 2, but important to the decision). None of these individuals asked any of the "HR" questions we are warned to expect. The focus of the interviews was on the integration of the operation and expectations for the role. Everyone was very courteous and helpful. The HR recruiters were very helpful and stayed involved in communication, scheduling and follow-up. In the end, they apparently convinced an earlier (in-house?) candidate to take the role. The recruiter offered to assist me in pursuit of any other position spotted online.