MetLife Director Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 905 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

MetLife

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife

Interview

First, there was a screen phone interview, then there were two onsite interviews, being the last one behavioral interview. It took about four weeks to complete all interviews. Interview process went really smooth.

Interview Questions
  • What was your bigger achievement?
    Answer Question

MetLife

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife

Interview

2 interviews. 1st with Head of Recruitment, followed by a 2nd (final round) with VP. 1st interview was really good. Final round, unfortunately, was extremely disappointing for 2 reasons: 1) Kept on interrupting me in the middle of my sentences 2) Interview was cut short because apparently, my background (industry) did not fit the role - which was super odd given that I passed the 1st round screening and interviewer had my resume all along.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in May 2019

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews - a HR screening, then two interviews with people who I would be working with in different areas of the business. The interviews themselves were fine. The people I met with were transparent on the pros and cons of the job and the HR people were proactive and helpful. I'm giving this interview an overall negative experience because of the fact Metlife never had the courtesy to let me know I wasn't chosen for the role. I met with you three times - took time out of my working day and went to your office twice completely upending not just my day but the day of my family and my co workers. The courtesy of letting me know I wasn't chosen for the role would have been nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MetLife

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at MetLife

Interview

Technical and business questions via phone and then panel interview and hr for salary negotiation process nice people in general located I'm Whippany NJ hard to get by public transportation

3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in Jan 2016

Interview

Very slow recruiters. A little disorganized. Phone screen was first - but it was done behind HR's back to speed things up. Interview was a panel style with boss and 3 of boss' peers. Not structured - just 'tell me about yourself' sort of questions. Nothing very challenging. Odd choice of interviewers - only ever worked with 2 of the four of them. Suggest probing for specifics on your job responsibilities. With ineffective HR oversight, it's easy to make promises which aren't quite true, such as around team structure.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you approach problems.

Application

Interview

The hiring and interview process was traditional. It included a screening interview over the phone with HR, followed by a number of interviews with the Hiring Manager, several team members and the Department Executive. The last set of interviews were in person in NYC, and MetLife did make the travel arrangements for a full day of interviews. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions
  • Some technical questions regarding insurance operations and benchmarking / best practices.
2 people found this interview helpful

MetLife

Application

I interviewed at MetLife in Nov 2014

Interview

I received a first round interview with recruiter about two weeks after applying online. I was asked mostly qualitative questions such as walk me through your resume, why this company, why the position, why I am leaving my current job, what makes me qualified for the role, and what differentiates me from other candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Are you familiar with client experience metrics? If so, how do you calculate them?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I interviewed at MetLife (Raleigh, NC)

Interview

4 different conversations each was productive and informative.

Interview Questions
  • not difficult but unexpected; what does diversity mean to me..............a bit canned
3 people found this interview helpful