MetLife Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at MetLife

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Really dragged out interview. Took about 3 weeks and 4 train rides. The whole interview overall was easy. The guy called me up and scheduled an interview with me. Eventually I had to do a personality test basically rating how much connection I have to a pool of people since selling insurance you literally are a salesman and this is just another product- but commissions make it worthwhile. They mess you up on the licenses since you have to pay for your Life and health and all costs associated with it- application, scheduling, etc. they also require the series 7 and 66- which they pay for however the study materials is all you. And then and ONLY when you have all 3 licenses will a 6 month stipend kick in. If you got an offer don't be quick to get out of your current job- make sure you have all licenses first

Interview Questions

• What does being a Financial Advisor mean to you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in January 2016.

Interview

Smooth and clear . The first approach was with a phone interview and than 3 stages of one on one with different. Levels of management . They were very clear from the beginning on the training process and commission based salary .

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Hauppauge, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Very extensive background and credit check. You are introduced to everyone, and given a brief tour of the facility. You will need to come back several times for the paperwork. It all must be completed prior to hire. Licensing requirements must also be met prior to hire.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any questions being difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a set pay scale that all entry level employees are subject to. There is a pay grid once you become more seasoned (it moves you into it fully in 3 years.

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Latham, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview process in long and intense. It starts as an initial interview with a manager or HR person to tell you about the job and an initial interview.

After the first interview you have to complete an online test.

After you complete the online test they review the test with you . Then you complete with a manager a set of questions to which you give your best answer.

Then you have a meeting with the district manager. If he approves you are on your way.

You start to take your tests to be certified as a finacial representative. You first have to take Life & health, Series 6 & series 7.

You also have to do 10 initial appointments with manager before being hired.

Interview Questions

• Questions regauring your family and friends. They wanted to know interests to try to identify your target market.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My initial compensation salary for the first 18 weekes. It was based on prior salaries.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY).

Interview

Sent In resume, they called me back for a phone interview. Because I was out of state for the time phone interview was accepted. He/she asked about my background, why I went to the school I selected. Then he asked me what I thought I could bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• He asked me why I choice my minor and what value I thought I could bring from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Warwick, RI) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring an interview process consisted of approximately 5-6 months worth of Interviews, which boiled down to about 1 session every 2 weeks. There was also a lengthy psychological test which was used for the sole purpose of seeing how a candidates life skills applied to this business. After this, you would work with your interviewer on various projects in the hope of easing into the career, rather than being overwhelmed. Once the interviewer extends you a provisional offer you would then go to corporate HQ and meet with some members of senior leadership (5-8 people) in what is called Selection Committee. You would be asked an array of questions, though I have heard most of them at other interviews. Most would apply to how you would perform under a certain circumstance. Finally, the offer is given and you must earn your Life, Accident & Health Insurance Licenses as well as either your Series 6 or 7 before they officially hire you. You are also required to have an intensive Federal Background and drug test as well as write a business plan.

Negotiation

Since it is a 100% commission job, negotiation is not really needed. We can take of as much time as we please because you are not compensated for vacation or sick days. That being said if you abuse it and you are not doing your job you will lose it.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in October 2010.

Interview

two rounds of interviews and a background check by the home office

Negotiation

The amount of signing bonus is negotable

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Called me within days of applying

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter very polite and professional asking for a one-on-one interview which I accepted. The first interview went well and was asked to take the online assessment, which was rather outdated and long and to me seemed somewhat irrevalnt to the position at hand. I declined a second interview based on my acceptance of another job

Interview Questions

Wasnt what I wanted to do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Oakland, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by recruiter via phone. She then scheduled a 15-minute interview, which was pretty easy (all behavioral questions). I was then required to complete a standard candidate information online and an aptitude test, which was quite tricky! Afterwards, I had a 1-on-1 interview with an sales agent. Pretty formal interview. Last interview was with Sales Director, but declined to interview further. Realized that Financial Advisor was not the career for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you lost your composure, and what did you do?   Answer Question