MetLife Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at MetLife

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Good company and pleasant stuff. I Would point Out the time to fill up requirements which I found to be to short. I passed all qualifications highl average but they got impacient for the tests results which they only gave me 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• My marital status and number of kids   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in January 2016.

Interview

Smooth and clear . The first approach was with a phone interview and than 3 stages of one on one with different. Levels of management . They were very clear from the beginning on the training process and commission based salary .

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Hauppauge, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Very extensive background and credit check. You are introduced to everyone, and given a brief tour of the facility. You will need to come back several times for the paperwork. It all must be completed prior to hire. Licensing requirements must also be met prior to hire.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any questions being difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a set pay scale that all entry level employees are subject to. There is a pay grid once you become more seasoned (it moves you into it fully in 3 years.

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Latham, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview process in long and intense. It starts as an initial interview with a manager or HR person to tell you about the job and an initial interview.

After the first interview you have to complete an online test.

After you complete the online test they review the test with you . Then you complete with a manager a set of questions to which you give your best answer.

Then you have a meeting with the district manager. If he approves you are on your way.

You start to take your tests to be certified as a finacial representative. You first have to take Life & health, Series 6 & series 7.

You also have to do 10 initial appointments with manager before being hired.

Interview Questions

• Questions regauring your family and friends. They wanted to know interests to try to identify your target market.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My initial compensation salary for the first 18 weekes. It was based on prior salaries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Waltham, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

1st: group interview to explain career
    2nd: 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

• Are you looking forward to helping others and providing a satisfying service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Oakland, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by recruiter via phone. She then scheduled a 15-minute interview, which was pretty easy (all behavioral questions). I was then required to complete a standard candidate information online and an aptitude test, which was quite tricky! Afterwards, I had a 1-on-1 interview with an sales agent. Pretty formal interview. Last interview was with Sales Director, but declined to interview further. Realized that Financial Advisor was not the career for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you lost your composure, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (Rochester, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me by phone and asked a few basic questions (tell me a little bit about yourself, etc.), had me take a "Virtual Job Tryout" (VJT) test which took about 90 minutes and then scheduled an exploratory interview the next morning.
    At that appointment I sat down with the recruiter who originally contacted me and he told me a little bit about MetLife, glanced over my VJT test results and then had me meet with their regional recruiting officer. She went into much more detail about what Metlife aimed to do for their customers as well as my VJT results. She stressed how many products and services the company offers but didn't go into much detail about any one product or service. She didn't really ask me any "technical" questions but I got the impression she was judging my reception and understanding of her presentation to me. She then had me meet with one of the offices Sales Directors and we set up an appointment for the following week.
    This appointment wasn't very technical but I was asked a lot of basic questions (biggest strengths, weaknesses, time where you influenced others, etc.). This appointment ended with us setting up a third meeting where compensation/benefits/work schedule will be addressed (I'm writing this before this last interview).
    During this whole process I was given a lot of chances to ask questions and I did ask some basic questions about the company culture, how to go about prospecting clients, etc. but i found the whole process to be pretty black and white and grasped what they were communicating to me easily enough.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you overcame adversity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (Austin, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process began over the phone, and extended to about 2 or 3 separate interviews. The background check becomes a part of the interview process, as there are usually questions to be answered from this check. The culture of both the interview and the management is very laid back.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the typical "what are your strongest/weakest areas".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MetLife in June 2009.

Interview

Invited in to the office for a formal interview to discuss my background and the companies basic goals and expectations for me. After determining that I would be a suitable candidate, I was handed a folder and instructed to go home and complete a 4 part application and career profile questionaire. I felt it was more like a personality and iq test. This has been completed and I am waiting for the results.

Interview Questions

• none that were out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Metairie, LA) in February 2011.

Interview

I made a sales call to an employee of MetLife who told me he liked my approach and attitude during the call and mentioned that he held his P&C license as well. Because I was unhappy with my current position and the call had gone well, I called him after work and asked his advice as to what I should do with my P&C license. We talked for about an hour and he told me to come to his office a few days later for coffee and to discuss this more. As he was a producer, I wasn't expecting an interview, just coffee like he said. When I arrived, he showed me around and introduced me to the sales director, whom I had an unexpected hour and a half interview. The interview went well enough to get called back the next week, as long as I completed the online job application and passed the Virtual Job Tryout, which took about 3 hours total. I did quite well in some areas and not so well in others of the VJT. However the total score was enough to get called back for a second interview, which I thought went well, too. Apparently it didn't, because I waited about 3 weeks and never heard anything back. Honestly, after the second interview, I wasn't too high on the position and it's safe to assume they weren't too high on me. However, I felt it was quite unprofessional to not communicate and let me know they decided to go another direction. I had been interviewing with 2 other companies during this entire time and decided to go with one of the other companies around that 3 week mark. I sent very nice and professional emails to the 2 people I'd met at MetLife and the 2 people I'd met with at the other company I decided not to go with. Within two minutes of hitting send, the 2 people at the 3rd company had replies with a 'congratulations' or 'best of luck' or 'nice meeting you', etc. I still have not heard back from the 2 at MetLife. While it's a minor issue to get hung up on, I feel it reflects very poorly on the character of their employees and doubt I will ever do business with them on account of this interaction. Yes, I am a stubborn person.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any family in the area/How many people do you know here that are in the position to invest with you?   1 Answer