MetLife Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at MetLife

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Knoxville, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

I attended a career fair in Knoxville, TN and came across one of the MetLife’s recruiters. I talked with the recruiter for a few minutes told her I was interested in wanting to go into the financial service industry. The recruiter then proceeded to tell me some of the opportunities that MetLife had to offer. She asked for my resume and I received a call back from them a week later. The recruiter asked me if I was willing to have a phone interview with one of the local branch managers. After my initial phone interview with a branch manager he asked me to fill out and complete an online application as well as a virtual job tryout simulation. Roughly 2 weeks later I received a call from the recruiter again asking if I would like to schedule a second interview that would be 1:1 with District Manager. Had the interview with the DM, he asked if I would like to continue the process with MetLife and handed me a Due Diligence package.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MetLife (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was not as formal as I thought, two of the four interviews were basic presentations about the job and the company that gave me not much new information than I already researched. You also have to take a test, but it didn't seem too difficult. The process was pretty smooth, and it was much easier than I thought it would have been.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on reaching out into your family and friends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter very polite and professional asking for a one-on-one interview which I accepted. The first interview went well and was asked to take the online assessment, which was rather outdated and long and to me seemed somewhat irrevalnt to the position at hand. I declined a second interview based on my acceptance of another job

Interview Questions

Wasnt what I wanted to do

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in October 2010.

Interview

two rounds of interviews and a background check by the home office

Negotiation

The amount of signing bonus is negotable

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Called me within days of applying

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Warwick, RI) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring an interview process consisted of approximately 5-6 months worth of Interviews, which boiled down to about 1 session every 2 weeks. There was also a lengthy psychological test which was used for the sole purpose of seeing how a candidates life skills applied to this business. After this, you would work with your interviewer on various projects in the hope of easing into the career, rather than being overwhelmed. Once the interviewer extends you a provisional offer you would then go to corporate HQ and meet with some members of senior leadership (5-8 people) in what is called Selection Committee. You would be asked an array of questions, though I have heard most of them at other interviews. Most would apply to how you would perform under a certain circumstance. Finally, the offer is given and you must earn your Life, Accident & Health Insurance Licenses as well as either your Series 6 or 7 before they officially hire you. You are also required to have an intensive Federal Background and drug test as well as write a business plan.

Negotiation

Since it is a 100% commission job, negotiation is not really needed. We can take of as much time as we please because you are not compensated for vacation or sick days. That being said if you abuse it and you are not doing your job you will lose it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY).

Interview

Sent In resume, they called me back for a phone interview. Because I was out of state for the time phone interview was accepted. He/she asked about my background, why I went to the school I selected. Then he asked me what I thought I could bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• He asked me why I choice my minor and what value I thought I could bring from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Really dragged out interview. Took about 3 weeks and 4 train rides. The whole interview overall was easy. The guy called me up and scheduled an interview with me. Eventually I had to do a personality test basically rating how much connection I have to a pool of people since selling insurance you literally are a salesman and this is just another product- but commissions make it worthwhile. They mess you up on the licenses since you have to pay for your Life and health and all costs associated with it- application, scheduling, etc. they also require the series 7 and 66- which they pay for however the study materials is all you. And then and ONLY when you have all 3 licenses will a 6 month stipend kick in. If you got an offer don't be quick to get out of your current job- make sure you have all licenses first

Interview Questions

• What does being a Financial Advisor mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MetLife (Staten Island, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

phone interview with the Managing Director, interview with group sales manager, and a month long company training. All in all it was an easy process and the state made it very pleasant.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I applied through the college career services center during my senior year. The process included an initial on campus interview followed by phone and in person interviews. I was brought to the regional headquarters in Richmond and offered the position. The entire process was quick, straightforward and relatively easy. There were no brain teasers or unexpected questions. The interviews were all conducted by very outgoing HR representatives and I never actually met with another financial adviser.

Interview Questions

• Very basic and general questions:
      What do you do to handle stress?   1 Answer