MetLife Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.3

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MetLife (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Great. It was long, and friendly. I felt like I was in conversation with an old friend. We bantered, talked about different subject matters, and discussed the job's duties and requirements.

Interview Questions

• Do you like receiving recognition for your work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Albany, NY).

Interview

Easy Interview, behavioral questions. I did receive an offer however it was well after I interviewed for the position and had already taken employment elsewhere. Very enjoyable interview and everyone was extremely knowledgeable and insightful about the business

I took a role elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in East Hills, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (East Hills, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with initial recruiter. She asked me basic behavioral interview questions from a script and wrote down my responses. Asked about my sales/marketing experience. Lastly, asked how many people I knew that could be potential clients.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I had a interview with the sales director and he was very friendly. He described how much he loved his job,which is good. The part that is uneasy is that after 6 months it is commission only.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Pensacola, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview itself went well. I spoke to the local manager for over an hour, and was offered a job on the spot. I asked for a little time to talk it over with my wife, he agreed to as much as a year to get back to him. I followed up with a call the next day--no response. I had to call several times over at least a week to hear back from him. Talking to corporate was not much better. They seem very disorganized, and unmotivated to get training started.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, which consisted of very general questions, and then had to complete candidate testing. The testing asked questions like 'how long have you lived in your neighbourhood', 'how are you currently involved in the community', 'how many contacts do you have on your phone, fb, linkedin', etc. I did not pass the testing as I had to put everywhere that I am new to the US and have only been in NY for a couple of weeks. They like people who have a lot of contacts in the area they will be working in so that you can sell to them. The fact that I had inlaws in another state did not matter as I was applying to sell financial products in New York and my license would work in NY only.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about your background? What motivated you to consider this position? How long have you lived in New York for? W   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Not a very extensive interview process. I wasn't asked any type of interview questions, mostly just a couple questions regarding my past employment and education. The process only included testing for certain licenses (Series 7 and Life, Accident and Health) and explaining what the job position/responsibilities included. Once I expressed interest in the job position and obtained my licenses, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your educational background   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Mostly conversational to get to know you. Then they took me on a tour of the office and described what each person did. The key to the second interview was almost like a homework assignment to go over things of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MetLife (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Took about 4 days, first a phone call and then an interview the next day. 2nd interview was pretty much a formality...showed me around the office and let me know how everything worked and what everybody did.

Interview Questions

• what are your career goals?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife in January 2015.

Interview

I was to be interviewed by a Managing Director, but after a 45-minute wait a Financial Services Representative took me to a conference room for a chat. While waiting I observed that employees looked unhappy, stressed out and hurried, some were poorly dressed.
    Selling insurance and annuities on commission is extremely tough and offers the worst earnings yield per time and effort invested anywhere in Financial Services.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like "Tell me about yourself and what you can do for our company".   1 Answer