MetLife Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.3

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Real laid back, met with a recruiter for lunch and she described the job. They are looking for younger people to get in this field. Only problem is that it's a dog eat dog industry and no one will help you unless you can make them money.

Interview Questions

• Why would you wanna get a job that doesn't have a salary?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, 6 months stipend, after that it's straight commission.

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Came in as a referral. Initial interview and personality test. Follow up interview that I got Job. I have heard some have 3 interviews but I had the initial and then offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Interviewed with the Sales Manager. Normal interview questions. Had an online financial test. background check. fingerprinted. Not a difficult interview. reviewed resume. why do you leave former employers? About one hour long.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Commission based job

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Nashville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

Brougt in for an initial interview with the sales manager. Had a follow up interview with the sales director and discussed compensation. FInal interview was with the regional director.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Plymouth Meeting, PA).

Interview

Was referred for interview through a networking partner. Recruiter was nice, initial interview was not very difficult or challenging. Office was clean and scenic, nice windows

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Phone interview, 2 face to face interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Miami, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by email 4 months after I applied for the position and scheduled my interview for the following week. Everyone was friendly and polite in the office and the receptionist gave me directions to the office when I was lost. I waited for my interview for around 10 minutes and then was called in to meet the co-managing director. As expected I was asked to tell a little about myself and after that he talked about the company and the position the rest of the time. The interview was going well but then he asked if I was in school and explained that I could not be a full-time student if I took the job. I then took to opportunity to ask if there were any part-time/ internship positions available and was told to call his assistant to start my training the following week for a secretary position. Fast-forward 3 weeks and several calls and messages later I was told to take a Virtual Job Assessment and I did well and was called in for a second interview at which I was told that I was hired. **UPDATE:It has been 2 MONTHS and I have not started training yet after multiple calls and emails. Needless to say I wasted my time with this compay.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was "Do you remember when you applied?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

He offered a really good rate so I did not feel the need to negotiate.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Process is mess. Interviews are a breeze, basically of you act like your rich/ have rich friends and lots of community connections you're hired. They have you fill out a worksheet with up to 200 names, put 300 and you're in. Once you're "hired" and pass the industry exams ( life/ series 66/ series7) you go into a quasi training period for 3-7 weeks depending on your sales performance. Key point is you're not paid during this period and you won't start receiving a paycheck until all regulators have signed off all licenses are in place etc. so your hire date is a moving target.

Interview Questions

• None really. Just keeping talking up your connections and dropping names.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They're more flexible on your base weekly pay then they let on. Don't settle for anything other then the full 24k they will pay you in the first 19 weeks (save your money though because all those people you said you knew in the interview better buy insurance/give referrals or your paychecks will drop from 1300 week to 0 if you don't have a lot of sales in your pipeline.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Baltimore, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with Gateway Capitol Financial's recruiter we met for a short period of time told me about the company, the position, and wanted to see if I was a good fit. I later took an online self assessment test to see if I would be good for the role of an FSR.

I later met with an agency director at an office of MetLife where we talked about my background in finance and the questions asked were behavioral and not too difficult. This interview was about an hour long.

I then was called back for a third interview with a different Agency Director and traveled to a different MetLife Office and he did most of the talking basically selling me on the position. I later received a contingent offer pending a background check, credit score, criminal history and "other conditions." I passed all the background checks they did on me. I scheduled a 4th interview to what I thought was to finalize the contract and get things rolling. The morning of what was supposed to be my interview just 3 hours prior I received a voicemail from that first recruiter saying that my interview for later that afternoon would have to be cancelled with no reason given and that if I had any comments or questions to call them.

I immediately call to find out why my interview was cancelled with no response. I leave a voicemail and never given a return call. This was Friday, Saturday Sunday and Monday all go by without any contact. Tuesday I get an email saying "I am no longer being considered for the position and they found better candidates with more chance of success in the role of an FSR. So I didn't meet those "other conditions" and didn't pass their pre-employment tests. Once I received this email I called the office thinking it was a mistake because I had a 4th interview scheduled and cancelled on for no reason. I got in touch with the recruiter that left me my voicemail and she couldn't give me a straight answer of why they rescinded my contigent offer. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. Applying was my first mistake.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delmont, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MetLife (Delmont, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was pleasantly surprised that they contacted me so quickly (within just a few hours of me applying online). However, as a recent graduate with a degree in finance I felt deceived by the job title after it was explained to me. When it came down to it, the position is basically for an insurance salesman. Don't get me wrong, there are people that are great at doing this and enjoy it but this type of career is one of the few that I know I don't want to get involved in based on my personality and interests. After the one on one interview (which took about 20-30 minutes) they had me take a lengthy personality/interest/scenario test. This alone took upwards of an hour and a half to complete. All in all, if you're looking to become a salesman of some sort you may want to look into this job. However, if you're in the same boat as me and you're looking for a finance job, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you know within a 50 miles radius?   1 Answer
    • Use five words or phrases to describe yourself.   1 Answer