MetLife IT Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife IT Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at MetLife

IT Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at MetLife in October 2012.

Interview

Typical. It was with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, and then a behavioral interview. Based on my schedule this occurred over two weeks. It would have nice to accomplish this in a shorter period of time as I had to take off time to interview.

Interview Questions

• Actions that indicate I am a collaborative manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimal. Start date. Salary was not negotiable but it was fair.

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Went thru total six interviews. One recruiter, two technical and rest BBI questions. Technical and BBI questions. Long drawn out process. Difficult process but positive result at the end.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult but lot of BBI scenario questions.
      Tell me when you had to quickly do something for your supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got more than expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC).

Interview

For a management position, what I found was a very chaotic, disorganized, and unprofessional interview process. In the end Metlife could not offer anything close to my salary expectations which were generous relative to my current salary (at least 25% under).

This is how my phone interview was done. My first interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. To start it off, the interviewing manager was 15 minutes late to the call. Five minutes after my interview started another interviewee joined the conference line. The other interviewee was totally surprised that another interview was taking place. After that interviewee left the conference call my interview was cut down to 10 minutes. Closer to the top of the hour more people started joining the conference call and the interviewing manager abruptly ended the call.

Another piece of information that folks should know about the jobs Metlife is offering in the triangle. These jobs were held by people in other locations being paid at much higher salaries. Metlife is hoping to relocate those jobs to North Carolina and save money by not paying competitive wages. Also you should be aware that these jobs are not free. Just search Google for the huge tax break Metlife gets for each North Carolina employee they hire. Tax breaks that North Carolina residents have to pay for.

As a long time North Carolinian, and tax payer for over 20 years, bringing Metlife to the triangle feels like a misuse of public tax funds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Strange interview based solely on behavioral interview processes with multiple sessions conducted by different interviewers asking the same set of questions. Interviewers were management from other departments and seem detached.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Interview

Hi all, I am a experienced IT person who applied a IT job in MetLife one month ago, passed all interview steps such as two phone interviews and two BBI(Behavioral based interview) My final BBI interview was conducted on 5/22, last Thursday, since then until now, 5/31, Saturday, no news from the company. Yesterday(5/30 Friday), I called HR to ask any status update,he was surprised and told me that he also wasn't told anything from hiring manager(team), then he said he would ask them to find out.... But so far still no answer.... It seemed to me they were in a hurry to hire quick, but my question is, how long it could take to get an answer, normally, after a final interview? And how they decide? every ones involved in interview process should agree all OK,or, just Hiring manager decides? Thanks,

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nepa (Nepal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Nepa (Nepal)).

Interview

three tier of interview process. extensive review. Though the interview process was bit long but it was easy and interviewer were quire friendly. The interviewing enviroment was quite soothing.