MetLife Insurance Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife Insurance Sales Interview Questions

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Very standard, what you would expect. There was a mix of behavioral questions (ex. what would you do if...) and going through your resume (ex. you listed ___ experience on your resume, can you expand on a project you did during that time...). Also had the usual weakness/strength questions, why this company, why this role, blah blah blah.

Interview Questions

MetLife Response

Aug 15, 2016 – Global Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for leaving your thoughtful review and we appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to make the screening and interview process easier for job seekers and candidates... More

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MetLife (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, and then came in the next day for an in-person interview. Everyone was very nice, but it was more like a presentation on the company than an interview. They explained to me that it was all commission and that I would be making calls all day trying to find leads and then meeting with people. I think this would be a good fit for someone who is highly self-motivated and very motivated by money. If you wanna put in all that work just to earn your commission, that's fine. Not for me though. The guy who gave me the presentation talked way too much about himself, asked me to try to figure out a percentage on the spot like "What is 15% of $1150?" or something and then put me on the spot. It was 8am and I was not prepared to do math. He was awkward, but arrogant at the same time and just gave me bad vibes. The manager was nice though. She was very helpful in answering questions. They were at least very honest about their intentions. They tell you straight up that it's hard and make sure you know it takes a certain kind of personality to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable making 100 or more outbound calls a day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Bellevue, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Start with a phone Recruiter interview process. Once qualify, you will be set up the next interview process with a manager or possibility interview with two different manager. The interview process can be lengthy average 1 hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (Lafayette, LA) in April 2011.

Interview

Had a sit down with a guy at the company, I could tell he had been at the job for awhile, as he had a corner office with a lot of personal decoration. We talked for around half an hour. He threw some of the usual interview questions, and we seemed to get along fine. After instructing me to go to the MetLife website to fill out some extra stuff to see if I was suited for the job to go to the next step, he showed me around the office a bit, and let me go. Took the test online, thought I did fine, got an automated rejection a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important thing to you to do a job like this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatham, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MetLife (Chatham, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

Regular process. Spoke to the interviewer, had to answer some questions on the computer by myself. Had to come on 3 different days for 3 interviews. The people were very nice, but the at the end of the day they want you to bring all the work, and the salary is not a guarantee