MetLife Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter I met at the career fair. Then scheduled and in-person interview. The final round is at the location I was applying to work at.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Morristown, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through a contact at the firm. I went through a phone screen about two days later, and the interviewer asked me which positions I was interested in. I got a confirmation email that I was moving on to the super day which was scheduled for a few weeks later. During the super day, I interviewed with 5 people, a few from each team with an open intern position.

Interview Questions

MetLife Response

Jul 19, 2016 – Global Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for writing a review about your interview experience with MetLife. We take the feedback we see on Glassdoor to heart and we’re so glad it all worked out for you and us. We wish you all... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through school's website and was contacted by HR within 2 weeks. Pretty laid back interview. The interviewer turns out to be my supervisor. The salary was laid out in the open and did not open room for negotiation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Bloomfield, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

A tour of the office and introduction to team and then your basic questions. How do you work under pressure? Describe your biggest challenge? Are you a team player? Reviewed the current projects they were workings and asked what I thought was interesting about them. They emphasized flexibility. The first part was 2:1 and the second part was a round table discussion.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I first went through an online interview process, it began as a referral from a friend that knows the director of sales. The process took a little over an hour. I was then called over the phone after I had completed the online interview process, I was called into the office. I was brought into the sales directors office and we went over my answers on the online interview and how well I had scored.

Interview Questions

• Prioritize a list of objectives from most important to least important.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, email contacts with the people who were interviewing me. we had two brief conversations and then i was extended an offer for my summer internship. i accepted the offer and we were in constant contact until my internship began.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at metlife?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in January 2015.

Interview

Decently efficient and not too harrowing. The food at the reception wasn't good, but it was at least free. The people are nice and will, for the most part, not grill you. One interview had a lot of math problems--for example, the square root of .02--but all the others were behavioral. There's a free van from the station to the building, which should be used to avoid a long and sad journey.

Interview Questions

• What happened to the Swiss Franc in the past few days? (Jan, when Swiss Franc was in the headlines)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called shortly after submitting the application. The interview was later that week. The interview was straightforward and the questions focused on past projects.

Interview Questions

• An example where I had made a wrong decision and what I had done about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Madison, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

I found out about an internship opportunity through a friend and submitted my resume and cover letter. I received a call from the manager and met with him one on one. He first asked questions about my resume and my personal life to get to know me. The second interview was to ask a set of questions required by the company which ask you about certain situations you may endure or have endured.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in your past that relates to the work you expect to be doing in the future (Financial Planning)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I was compared to many students from several colleges citywide. But it was a normal interview. No pressure. Only difference is that everything was out in the open. The salary, flexibility, expectations, etc. I suppose, since it was an interview for an internship they didn't hold back much like most interviewers would. It was very helpful. One other supervisor that I interviewed with flat out told me that I'll only do what she wants me to do. There was no room for flexibility or days off, etc. Harsh. But the others were very cordial and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Its a pretty standard interview. Practice the usual interview questions, and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All internships are paid the same. Its a 6 month paid internship. There's no better way to complete your coursework.