MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

660 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC).

Interview

My great experience turned upside down with unpleasant hiring process. This great company, unfortunately, has terrible recruitment practices. Unethical in my opinion.

Step 1: Phone Screen with Recruiter. 30 minutes phone interview. She was very nice and shared next three steps.

Step 2: Hiring Manager. 45 minutes. Basic Project Management questions. Behavioural Questions. Your answers should reflect your personality as well. This interview went really well. Even before the interview ended, he told me that I will be moved to next round.

Step 3: Director of Technology Liaisons. Again basic PM and Behavioural Questions. They want to know your style. And once more before the interview ended, I was told that I made it to next round.

Step 4: Scheduled to interview with the Assistant Vice President. One day prior to the interview, received a call from the recruiter to reschedule it for a week later. Rescheduled.
    15 minutes prior the rescheduled interview, received another call from the recruiter to reschedule it again! That was quite unusual but I accepted rescheduling to show my flexibility. One hour after, I received a cold, automatic email from their system that I am no longer under consideration.
    When I contacted the recruitment relationship manager, he confirmed that my rescheduled-rescheduled interview has been canceled and they will move further with other candidates.
    As a senior project manager in the industry close to 15 years, I would understand that they would choose another PM close to their work style. But after scheduling an interview 3 times, canceling the candidacy is disrespectful, unethical.
    I tried to get an answer as to why this all happened, all I got was apologies.
    Although I reported this unethical behavior, I didn't get any response. Whoever read my message, might be seeing this as a normal hiring process.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I applied for a position and was contacted by MetLife's "Global Talent Acquisition Team" about doing a phone screening (step 1 in the process). We scheduled a time and I gave her a number to reach me at. She confirmed. Our scheduled time came but the recruiter never called. I attempted to call her but got her voicemail. I then left her an email message asking if we can reschedule. That's when I got her out-of-office. Ok, no problem, she's probably out sick. Well, I gave her 4 days and never heard back. After 4 days I sent her associate (someone listed on her out-of-office) an email, asking if they knew when she would be back in the office. Nothing, no response. I then waited another day and sent the recruiter another email asking her if we could reschedule. Again, no response and no out-of-office this time. So, it's been almost 2 weeks since we were scheduled to do a phone screening and no one has called me for my phone screening and no one has contacted me to explain what's happening.

Very, very unprofessional. I would recommend steering clear of MetLife.

Interview Questions

• No interview happened and there has been absolutely no communication from MetLife.   Answer Question

Pension Benefit Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I interviewed at MetLife (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

Completed application received a call within the next week. Scheduled phone interview this week. Day of phone interview 9 minutes before received an email stating interview cancelled as the position has been filled. The position however is still listed on the website and 9 minutes prior to the interview is kind of unprofessional. Was told I would be used for other opportunities however, there are other postings that match my skills why not interview me for those. This is the second time I’ve dealt with unprofessional recruiters.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

It was pretty easy. It was mostly behavioral questions and going over your resume. It was around 4 hours long and it consisted of interviews with the main recruiter, two actuarial students, and a lunch with another actuary. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What study materials did you use to study for exam P?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Basically I received one screening call and then set up an interview to meet with the manager. When I met with the hiring manager the interview lasted for about an hour and consisted of a description of the job and and meeting with another potential colleague.

Casualty Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I applied online and several weeks later received an email requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was easy with basic current work situation questions and behavioral questions. A week after my phone interview I received an email requesting an in person interview. This interview consisted of 3 people - 2 in office managers and a manager on speaker. St. Louis office is old, dingy, and desolate. Managers lacked personality which lead to a dull, boring interview. Traditional, situational, hypothetical interview questions. I received a phone call a week later stating they chose a different candidate. Based on the somber feel of the St. Louis office I would not recommend

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions. Nothing off the cuff   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a telephone interview that lasted 21 minutes. It was supposed to be a Web-Ex, however, I was traveling and away from my computer, and apologized for simply phoning. The interviewer said that was all right and that they usually do a Web-Ex in case a colleague in a different office wanted to attend the interview. As this was just the two of us, no worries. The interviewer was well-prepared and informative. At the conclusion, he asked if I would like an in-person interview and I agreed to schedule one. I got a favorable impression of the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.   1 Answer

PIP Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Irving, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume on a job board, had a pre-screen interview, had an on-site interview with three managers, received an offer three days later.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral/Situational Questions   1 Answer

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The scheduler was disorganized (typos in the emails and constantly changing the date/time of the meeting). I met with three people who were disengaged (one who yawned when I was responding to a question and one who looked at his watch). I was asked to bring in my portfolio, but only 1 of 3 interviewers asked to see it. The one who did couldn't be less impressed. The interview wasn't difficult (no one asked hardball questions and I wasn't tested). I was on time, looked professional and was qualified for the role. But, I don't think I had a shot and wonder why they even called me for an in-person interview (I was given a phone screen by an HR rep and the VP of HR first). The last interviewer said to me as I was leaving "We have A LOT of people interviewing for this role" (as her admin was waiting outside to escort me out). It felt like they were doing me a favor interviewing me. I understand that every interview is a learning lesson, but I'd prefer not to have wasted time and taken a personal day from my current job for this interview if it was clear that the hiring managers didn't think I was a good fit. Not surprisingly, I didn't get the role, but despite it being a prestigious company, I was not disappointed because the way you are treated in an interview is a good indication of how you will be treated once hired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I received an email about a phone interview with the company. I immediately emailed her back to setup a date and time but I never received an email or a phone call back. I emailed her 2 more and NEVER heard back. Extremely unprofessional, not a company I want to work for.