MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.7

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MetLife in January 2017.

Interview

Ok so I received a call at my current job, i called back and went to voicemail and left one stating my interest for an interview and asked if she could call me back an hour later when I get out of work or email me. She calls me back 10 minutes later twice so I have to leave the office again to pick up. She briefly schedules a phone interview for Tuesday (1/10/2017). No E-mail confirmation or details of who she is. Come Tuesday I take a late lunch break to accommodate to her schedule, no phone call at all. Called her, no answer, left a voicemail, no response. Very unprofessional, never had this happen to me before.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Moscow, ID) in May 2013.

Interview

6 round interview. Prior to joining our company I added value while working for hotel industry, a Marriott property in Moscow, selling & marketing it to business and leisure clientele.

10 years back, insurance was completely new discipline for me, but as soon I have realized the importance of the job, helping people to build their financial or health protection, I loved it.

Today I still love my job, the company, the team and this is what’s keeping me here for almost 10 years. We’ve got a dedicated team of experienced, professional and highly knowledge personnel, we deliver excellence in service, we offer quality product and a world-class EB’s solutions.

All those years I have been very proud to work with one of the world's major financial and insurance groups, I have been always achieving my budget figures signing new contracts on new business and promoting our brand everywhere. With my diverse experience, market knowledge and ability to work well with others I am quite visible in the EB’s market and have earned trust among many multinational companies and colleagues.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

there were two rounds. both were very intense and they asked very specific questions. during the second round i met with 6 people for interviews. they were all very nice. however, i wished they had let me know I didnt get the job.

Interview Questions

• they gave you a situation and you had to let them know how you would react.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Applying to MetLife or An American HORROR Story PART TWO
    (Please read Part One)

Part Three:
    Received email from HR after submitting application. ....they might've fixed up the email template by this time, I don't remember. In the email, the HR person offered a date and time for an interview that wasn't good for me. I replied to the email and offered a window that worked better for me. I offered a 3-hour negotiable time frame (I said I was available Tuesday between 3 and 6) and asked the HR person to let me know what time works best for her. No response, she just went ahead and called at 3 on Tuesday. I wasn't expecting the call and I wasn't home at the time. I called her back, left a message with the hope of rescheduling the interview. No call back, apparently the Human Resources person's time is too precious to be a helpful resource to Humans.
    Part Four: Applied for a position with the MetLife Technical University program. Initial phone interview went great (it was a different person than the HR person associated with the first three scenarios). The next part of the process was an online assessment. It was a general aptitude test/
    No problem, I've taken them before and I was confident.....Well, I was confident until I took the test. The company that Metlife chose to perform the test is based in the UK. No big deal, right? No, not until I got to the section on converting measurements and money. Since it was a UK based assessment, the units were metric and the money was in pound notes. I wasn't too fluent with kilometers and I've never used pound notes, shillings, or pence in monetary transactions, so I had trouble. There were word problems like: "If Ian wants to travel from North Devonshire to Glastonbury within a fortnight, and travels at a rate of 35 kilometers per hour on the M1..." (OK, I might be exaggerating with that example). I also had trouble computing the number of shillings in a pound note and how many kilometers it would take to travel from Picadilly Square to the Prime Minister's office.
    Surprisingly, I passed the assessment and was sent an email to complete an application and select a date and time for a face-to-face interview. The email stated I would receive a confirmation email with location and directions once the application was received. I completed the application the same day, selected the time that worked best for me and eagerly awaited my reply. (Can you guess what happens next?) Nothing. No email confirmation. The company isn't very good on providing phone numbers for the HR dept. and the website didn't have any HR contact info. I called the person whom I had the initial phone interview with, left a VM to find out what's going on, but never heard back.

OK, if I don't get a job there that's fine, but I would like to know who do I contact at MetLife to get compensation for all the time and effort I WASTED on your stupid asinine application process(es), completing applications on your buggy website, dealing with your incompetent HR staff, and completing your ridiculous online test. Tell me upfront if you don't want to hire me or if you have reservations. Don't make me waste my time on all this junk. I've got better things to do
    And you have the nerve to use Snoopy as part of your logo!

Interview Questions

• Online assessment test asking questions involving kilograms, kilometers and English pound notes was confusing.   Answer Question

Senior Claims Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (East Peoria, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

I interview from Feb-July and Hired in Nov. Expect to take a lot of test. 3 interviews over that period of time. Will ask tough questions. Better wear a Tux to interview very snooty company. I found a big plus is too make your interview first thing in the morning. I was lived 150 miles north of the regional office so it was a 2 1/2 hour drive one way. They were impressed that I made my interview at 9:00 a.m.. as they knew I left my home early.

Interview Questions

• A lot is your on line tests before they interview you. They give a personality test which is suppose to tell them if you have the correct personality to be in insurance and claims. Plus the most extensive back ground check I ever seen.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I had an interview with MetLife for the Account Executive position in Chicago. In email the human resource manager expressed excitement in meeting me, and though they were polite in person they were a complete 180. After just introudcing myself the representive tried to cut the interview short and it was evident they had already written me off as a candidate.

If you are looking to work for a company that supports diversity and offer viable sustainability to future staff then do not consider MetLife. I find MetLife to be a true hallmark of unethical practices.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetLife in November 2011.

Interview

phone, face to face interview with multiple individuals, background check and production minimums, testing, licensing if your not already licensed, online knowledge test and profile, write a marketing plan.

Interview Questions

• How many people could you call right now, and they would be happy that you called?   1 Answer
    • If Mr. X's company has a corporate tax rate of 00.00 and a personal tax rate of 00.00, what are some ideas for lowering his overall tax liability? What products might help execute this strategy and how would you structure them? (plus other relevant details.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Bring your book of business, and your product expertise to the table. Sales skills are a must.

Assistant Manager - L&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Noida (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process. From the time I got the first call to the offer letter. The recruiter kept me informed at all stages. What really helped me that I was told who I would be interviewing with and a small background on the person. That was helpful in me preparing for the interview.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MetLife (Albany, NY).

Interview

This was over 13 years ago, the process was a phone interview, then there was two additional face to face interviews with management. The process was long, but the interview process was professional.

Interview Questions

• As I a bodily injury adjuster, you negotiate claims with vendors, attorneys, customers, 3rd party. I was asked if I can negotiate   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (Newark, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

it was very relaxed and easy going. Manager was very informed about the business continuity program. Asked me several questions on crisis management.They also asked a lot of questions on systems and quality testing