MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Painful - lots of short 30 minute or less interviews face to face; Only had time for 3 or 4 questions from the interviewer before the time was up; each took half a day of my time to drive there, wait, and drive back only to be told I would be a better fit for another group and they want to interview me months from now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I applied to the job through Indeed and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. After two phone interviews with recruiters, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with the management team. After the in-person interview, I was told that I would hear from a recruiter once the team had made their decision. However, the recruiter never contacted me. I sent a follow up e-mail about a week after my interview, and got no response.

Sales Trainee Interview

Interview

Easy process. 4 rounds of interviews. 2 phone interviews, skype interview, and in-person interview. Last round is at location that you would train at. Employees are very friendly and personable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oriskany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MetLife (Oriskany, NY).

Interview

Very short and sweet. Went to a small room, she was surprised to see I had brought my Resume. Went over it and past experience in detail. Answered 4 questions and gave availability, then was offered the job on the spot. I started 2 weeks later. Training was 4 weeks, paid.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

MTU Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume on my university career site. I was later contacted to set up an interview on my university campus, but due to scheduling conflicts, they opted for a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly behavioral. I talked to the director of the internship program. She was very nice and was passionate about the summer program. I was moved to the next round, the Blitz day interview (where you go to headquarters and have ~4 interviews and other stuff), but due to conflicts, was unable to attend. Sounded like an interesting opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name 2 strengths, 2 weakness; Q: Why do you want to work here?; etc.   Answer Question

Global Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC).

Interview

Super easy I applied on company website- went in and interviewed with three different people in an hour and it was very behavioral questions. People were super nice and showed you around the campus as well

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minutes. Standard Telephone Interview - Screen. Nice accommodating HR person. Set the expectations for next week second interview but they actually called more than 2 weeks after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your most recent job. Standard questions.   Answer Question

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Layers of interviews with the first occurring with a recruiter. Standard questions are asked but you have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the session. It can take some time to move from one interview to the next. At the end of the interviewing process, I've found that sometimes you hear nothing about the position until you find that it has been offered to another candidate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter I met at the career fair. Then scheduled and in-person interview. The final round is at the location I was applying to work at.

MTU Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MetLife (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to Metlife table at my campus career fair event and gave them my resume, then got an email invitation to do an on campus interview at my college career center. After the on campus interview I got an email about the next round that would take place at the Cary Campus called Blitz Day. At the Blitz day I did a case interview, ate lunch with employees, then did a series of three individual interviews with managers. Mostly experience and behavioral questions. Asked about things on resume. Then waited about a month to hear back about if I got the internship or not. Took about another month or two to get my official offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you worked with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question