MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a contracted HR representative. She actually forgot to call me the day before, so I had to set up a second interview. I was told if I passed that stage of the interview, they would set up an on-site interview in the coming weeks.

Interview Questions

• It was basically just a phone conversation about my current position and what it encompasses. Standard, cliche questions like "my greatest strength" or "tell me about a time you faced a challenge..."   Answer Question

Inhouse Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

The process took some time before the company scheduled an initial interview. The interviewers seemed prepared and were pleasant. They were interested in explaining how the job worked and the types of tasks that would be worked on. Overall they seemed like they were trying to give a good overview of the types of responsibilities and tasks that would be required. They seemed like they enjoyed working at the company as well.

Customer Solutions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL).

Interview

You'll complete a phone screening with recruiting; be ready to discuss your resume and be familiar with the job description you are applying for; if chosen, you'll be scheduled for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. In this case we meet as a group of about 8, discussed the job over PowerPoint, then round robin interviewed for about 10 minutes with a couple of managers to total 3 rounds.

The interview style used was STAR method. Research this and become familiar with the questions asked under each topic. Have scenarios ready to discuss for example, how does organization work for you? Tell me about a time when you've escalated something? What is your greatest strength or weakness? Why do you want this job? How do you rate our systems? How do you handle adversity in the workplace? And many more provided in the study topic of the STAR method.

When you pass this, an additional interview will be scheduled with the higher management as well. Be prepared to talk about the same but pinpoint some areas. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an escalation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks. Started out with a telephone interview. Once completed I was assigned a time for a sit down/ face-to-face interview. That interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was then called for a 3rd interview with both hiring managers which lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Please name a negative characteristic about yourself that you use positively on a daily basis.   Answer Question

Senior IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Got in contact with a manager who connected me with the team recruiting for the position. The recruiter contacted me within a week and scheduled a screening call with the hiring manager on the same day. This was more of a informative call. A few days later, I was scheduled to have 4 back to back interviews with 3 managers and the VP. The interview revolved around my IT experience with cloud infrastructure and a few behavioral questions. I managed to answer all of them with aplomb and was sure of getting considered for the role. Got a reject call a week later, with no explanation whatsoever. The manager never replied to my mail regarding feedback.

Operational Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter will call you and do a phone interview and call you in for a personal interview if it goes well. Need to wear Business Attire, and come prepared to answer questions about why you think you'll be a good fit for the position, strengths and weaknesses, include experiences that make you a good candidate.

Interview Questions

MetLife Response

Aug 26, 2016 – Global Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for writing a review about your interview experience with MetLife. We take the feedback we see on Glassdoor to heart and we’re so glad it all worked out for you and us. We wish you the ... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Three round interview process. First round was a phone call with a manager in NYC. Second round was a face to face interview with a manager in the local office. Third round was a face to face interview with the head manager at the local office.

Interview Questions

MetLife Response

Aug 22, 2016 – Global Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for writing a review about your interview experience with MetLife. We are so glad you had a positive experience and hope you will keep MetLife in mind for your future compatible ... More

Procurement Interview

Interview

Amazing company that truly cares about
    Employees! Everthing was easy and they did everything they could to help their employees. I did not stay at the job but I highly recommend working for MetLife if you are given the opportunity.

Interview Questions

MetLife Response

Aug 15, 2016 – Global Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for writing a review about your interview experience with MetLife. We take the feedback we see on Glassdoor to heart and we’re so glad it all initially worked out for you and us. Were also ... More

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

My most recent and only interview was 18 years ago and I had personal interview which was pretty easy and technical interview as a computer test.
    First, I've met with the manager for personal interview, then I was offered to do a technical interview on computer. The day after I've got an offer.

Interview Questions

MetLife Response

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Don't remember the interview questions I was called back asked to do interview was asked questions and was told I'll get a call back asap
    Was called back offered the job started a 7 week training class went through meeting and sent to a supervisor. Taadaa that's the interview process I hope u have reached 50 words

Interview Questions

MetLife Response