MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.7

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MetLife (Albany, NY).

Interview

This was over 13 years ago, the process was a phone interview, then there was two additional face to face interviews with management. The process was long, but the interview process was professional.

Interview Questions

• As I a bodily injury adjuster, you negotiate claims with vendors, attorneys, customers, 3rd party. I was asked if I can negotiate   1 Answer

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MetLife in January 2017.

Interview

Ok so I received a call at my current job, i called back and went to voicemail and left one stating my interest for an interview and asked if she could call me back an hour later when I get out of work or email me. She calls me back 10 minutes later twice so I have to leave the office again to pick up. She briefly schedules a phone interview for Tuesday (1/10/2017). No E-mail confirmation or details of who she is. Come Tuesday I take a late lunch break to accommodate to her schedule, no phone call at all. Called her, no answer, left a voicemail, no response. Very unprofessional, never had this happen to me before.

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

There was one phone interview, one skype interview, 1 day of on-site interviews. Interviewed with four people for the onsite interview and then had to give a quick 5 minute presentation.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?   2 Answers

Analysis Interview

Interview

The interview process started as an over the phone interview. Then a face to face interview with one interviewer. The woman that interviewed me made me feel view comfortable. Hopefully

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work background that would make you a good fit for the job   Answer Question

MTU Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY).

Interview

Very relaxed. It took about three weeks. I interviewed on my college campus, and then a week after they invited me to their campus in Raleigh. The second round interview included a case study, which was to be solved in a group...and was relatively easy.

FMLA Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oriskany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MetLife (Oriskany, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Typical interview asking about previous experience and how you would handle specific situations. Two people interviewed for two different teams to see which one I fit into best. They took turns asking questions and asked if there was any questions I had at the end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

First round behavioral interview/ conversation at the college career center. Received an invite to the blitz day about a week later. The blitz day is all day long with 3 manager interviews and a a group case interview. Blitz day is not super serious as they want to get to know you and keep you relaxed. There are more behavioral type questions and questions like have you done anything with____ before? Easy interviews to get to know you. You receive a decision within two weeks. The whole process took less than a month. Super easy and they keep you informed. Make sure to express your interest in the program and why you want this position. You are interviewing them just as much as they are interviewing you. They look to have conversations with you during the interviews instead of questioning you constantly.

Interview Questions

• 3 of your personal values and why. Situation where you worked with a bad team and a good team and what made them good/bad.   Answer Question

Senior Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

It was great, but long. Because I had applied for two positions, I met with two people for one position, then two people for the other position, and then their supervisors.

MetLife has its own dedicated recruiters, so when I say I was contacted by a recruiter, it was their own recruiter. Scheduling and the initial phone interview were easy and relevant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave public accounting after all your years of experience.   1 Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a contracted HR representative. She actually forgot to call me the day before, so I had to set up a second interview. I was told if I passed that stage of the interview, they would set up an on-site interview in the coming weeks.

Interview Questions

• It was basically just a phone conversation about my current position and what it encompasses. Standard, cliche questions like "my greatest strength" or "tell me about a time you faced a challenge..."   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MetLife (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Great. It was long, and friendly. I felt like I was in conversation with an old friend. We bantered, talked about different subject matters, and discussed the job's duties and requirements.

Interview Questions

• Do you like receiving recognition for your work?   1 Answer