MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Senior Consultatnt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the postion and after 3 days I had an interview over the phone. The questions were easy and the interview lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly, and she was trying to understand better my past roles and explaining the job I applied for.

Senior LTD Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a brief 30 minute call with a recruiter. The questions asked were basic. They asked about my salary requirements. The position I applied for wS filled and was told they would give my information for the position below the one I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you brought a process to your manager that you helped to improve?   Answer Question

Nurse Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Bloomfield, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

A phone screen, a face-face interview, and a phone interview with the hiring manager. They seemed very happy with me but I still haven't heard from them. I contacted the recruiter a week after he was supposed to get back to me with a decision and he didn't respond to my email as of now. They also changed the job requirements, which I believe means that none of the candidates on my batch was good enough....although they were planning to train new people.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral questions requiring examples, and skills I possess that make me a strong candidate for the position   Answer Question

Claim Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MetLife (Irving, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then test. It been about three weeks, didn't hear from anyone, emailed the recruiter, still no response. I said it was a negative experience because no one told me if I got the job or not. Lack of communication.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Hartford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were not on time, very unorganized. I had to wait app 1 hr before HR came to get me. It was a panel review. Once in the room, everyone was rushing asking questions and there were multiple jobs I was applying for but no one had updated me on the jobs

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked what they thought was a question related to critical path but actually asked about task completion.   1 Answer

I had multiple other offers

MetLife Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Global Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for writing a review about your interview experience with MetLife. We take the feedback we see on Glassdoor to heart and will continue to evaluate our screening and interview process in ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (State College, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was one on campus interview with basic behavioral questions. I then got an email inviting me to their office in which I underwent a non-technical case interview and three more behavioral interviews with managers. Once this was done I got a call about a month later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you found to be difficult that you were able to overcome and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Group Life Claims Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oriskany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Oriskany, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Required data entry test and math test consisting of fractions not related to the position. I had an unexpected behavioral interview and did not know what it was. It was very uncomfortable and I should have been informed ahead of time and not surprised

Interview Questions

• How did would I about a coworker who said unsavory things?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Asked generic questions and seemed to care less what I was saying. Got in person interview with manager 1.5 weeks later and an offer 2 weeks after that. Overall almost 2 months start to finish. This is a great company to work for and they have awesome benefits! Try to make yourself stand out because chances are the manager you interview with has seen a dozen or more other candidates. Make them remember you!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you didnt agree with your manager? How do you handle working with different cultures?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Std Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Phone screen, Behavioral questions, background check. The recruiters are pretty good depending on who you are working with. If you get the job, offer is communicated from hiring manager and not recruiter typically. Recruiter just phone screens you and makes recommendation to hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Financial Planner Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Bellevue, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, second was an in-person interview at the office, third was an interview in the office. The third interview was a very very frustrating experience and felt completely disrespected. I went through a third party recruiting company for this role and Metlife asked for the third interview be rescheduled, which was fine. I drove an hour and forty five minutes in traffic to get to the interview, made it a few minutes early. I checked in and waited just over 5 minutes to meet with the person that was going to interview me. The interview lasted 6, I repeat, 6 minutes. The second interview lasted an hour and went very well, even asking me to let them know if I get a job offer from another company. This third interview, she didn't even have a question for me. She asked if I had any, which I did, then just said "Well, that's about it! Thank you for coming in today and take care!" I don't mind not getting a job offer but when the company is aware of a candidate living that far away and already knowing you won't be moving forward with them, have the decency to tell the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experience. Why did you leave your previous role? What did you like most about that role? What did you like least about this role? Why do you think you're the best candidate for this role?   Answer Question