MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MetLife

2.7

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marcy, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Marcy, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was very nice and relaxed, they made me feel at ease. At first I was a bundle of nerves as I was out of practice in the whole interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What motivated me to apply at the facility   1 Answer

IT Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Long process with minimal communication from HR. Completed several phone interviews and aren't 3 weeks without a word from anyone. They involved the team I was interviewing for specific questions.

Overall a long but fair process.

Interview Questions

• Their engineers are knowledgeable and asked specific questions about the field I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at MetLife in October 2012.

Interview

Typical. It was with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, and then a behavioral interview. Based on my schedule this occurred over two weeks. It would have nice to accomplish this in a shorter period of time as I had to take off time to interview.

Interview Questions

• Actions that indicate I am a collaborative manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimal. Start date. Salary was not negotiable but it was fair.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Went thru total six interviews. One recruiter, two technical and rest BBI questions. Technical and BBI questions. Long drawn out process. Difficult process but positive result at the end.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult but lot of BBI scenario questions.
      Tell me when you had to quickly do something for your supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got more than expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC).

Interview

For a management position, what I found was a very chaotic, disorganized, and unprofessional interview process. In the end Metlife could not offer anything close to my salary expectations which were generous relative to my current salary (at least 25% under).

This is how my phone interview was done. My first interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. To start it off, the interviewing manager was 15 minutes late to the call. Five minutes after my interview started another interviewee joined the conference line. The other interviewee was totally surprised that another interview was taking place. After that interviewee left the conference call my interview was cut down to 10 minutes. Closer to the top of the hour more people started joining the conference call and the interviewing manager abruptly ended the call.

Another piece of information that folks should know about the jobs Metlife is offering in the triangle. These jobs were held by people in other locations being paid at much higher salaries. Metlife is hoping to relocate those jobs to North Carolina and save money by not paying competitive wages. Also you should be aware that these jobs are not free. Just search Google for the huge tax break Metlife gets for each North Carolina employee they hire. Tax breaks that North Carolina residents have to pay for.

As a long time North Carolinian, and tax payer for over 20 years, bringing Metlife to the triangle feels like a misuse of public tax funds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Strange interview based solely on behavioral interview processes with multiple sessions conducted by different interviewers asking the same set of questions. Interviewers were management from other departments and seem detached.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter I met at the career fair. Then scheduled and in-person interview. The final round is at the location I was applying to work at.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. The first interview was a phone interview, and there were then two other interviews that were face to face in the office. No Skype interviews.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical interview questions. Nothing too difficult that would throw you for a loop. If you practice ahead of time you will be fine. Try to highlight previous experience, and/ or skills, as they don't ask you questions about this directly, but it is implied.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called shortly after submitting the application. The interview was later that week. The interview was straightforward and the questions focused on past projects.

Interview Questions

• An example where I had made a wrong decision and what I had done about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I was compared to many students from several colleges citywide. But it was a normal interview. No pressure. Only difference is that everything was out in the open. The salary, flexibility, expectations, etc. I suppose, since it was an interview for an internship they didn't hold back much like most interviewers would. It was very helpful. One other supervisor that I interviewed with flat out told me that I'll only do what she wants me to do. There was no room for flexibility or days off, etc. Harsh. But the others were very cordial and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Its a pretty standard interview. Practice the usual interview questions, and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All internships are paid the same. Its a 6 month paid internship. There's no better way to complete your coursework.