MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

MetLife Interview Questions

Interviews at MetLife

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Madison, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

I found out about an internship opportunity through a friend and submitted my resume and cover letter. I received a call from the manager and met with him one on one. He first asked questions about my resume and my personal life to get to know me. The second interview was to ask a set of questions required by the company which ask you about certain situations you may endure or have endured.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in your past that relates to the work you expect to be doing in the future (Financial Planning)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Madison, WI) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was all behavioral questions. I had only two interviews set a couple of weeks apart and both of them asked the same types of interview questions. Neither was too challenging just basic questions like "Name a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were persuasive and describe the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, email contacts with the people who were interviewing me. we had two brief conversations and then i was extended an offer for my summer internship. i accepted the offer and we were in constant contact until my internship began.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at metlife?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in January 2015.

Interview

Decently efficient and not too harrowing. The food at the reception wasn't good, but it was at least free. The people are nice and will, for the most part, not grill you. One interview had a lot of math problems--for example, the square root of .02--but all the others were behavioral. There's a free van from the station to the building, which should be used to avoid a long and sad journey.

Interview Questions

• What happened to the Swiss Franc in the past few days? (Jan, when Swiss Franc was in the headlines)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through school's website and was contacted by HR within 2 weeks. Pretty laid back interview. The interviewer turns out to be my supervisor. The salary was laid out in the open and did not open room for negotiation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Bloomfield, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

A tour of the office and introduction to team and then your basic questions. How do you work under pressure? Describe your biggest challenge? Are you a team player? Reviewed the current projects they were workings and asked what I thought was interesting about them. They emphasized flexibility. The first part was 2:1 and the second part was a round table discussion.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I was compared to many students from several colleges citywide. But it was a normal interview. No pressure. Only difference is that everything was out in the open. The salary, flexibility, expectations, etc. I suppose, since it was an interview for an internship they didn't hold back much like most interviewers would. It was very helpful. One other supervisor that I interviewed with flat out told me that I'll only do what she wants me to do. There was no room for flexibility or days off, etc. Harsh. But the others were very cordial and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Its a pretty standard interview. Practice the usual interview questions, and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All internships are paid the same. Its a 6 month paid internship. There's no better way to complete your coursework.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I first went through an online interview process, it began as a referral from a friend that knows the director of sales. The process took a little over an hour. I was then called over the phone after I had completed the online interview process, I was called into the office. I was brought into the sales directors office and we went over my answers on the online interview and how well I had scored.

Interview Questions

• Prioritize a list of objectives from most important to least important.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

After an employee referral, I had one phone interview, and one in office interview. The phone interview covered basic experience and very standard interview questions. The second interview was in the cary office, and questions were almost all behavioral with 2 interviewees.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

I had 4 phone interviews in total. One with recruiter, another one with someone from department I applied to but in other city, and two last ones with managers of the department I applied to. I wish process was shorter. I think two last interviews could be merged together. Overall, not too difficult. Talk about myself, my achievements, some behavioral questions.