MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MetLife

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

I had 4 phone interviews in total. One with recruiter, another one with someone from department I applied to but in other city, and two last ones with managers of the department I applied to. I wish process was shorter. I think two last interviews could be merged together. Overall, not too difficult. Talk about myself, my achievements, some behavioral questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks. Started out with a telephone interview. Once completed I was assigned a time for a sit down/ face-to-face interview. That interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was then called for a 3rd interview with both hiring managers which lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Please name a negative characteristic about yourself that you use positively on a daily basis.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Interview

I was asked basic background questions regarding education and employment history. I was also asked questions regarding the software packages that I was familiar with. This was just a basic interview.

Internal Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MetLife in June 2010.

Interview

I got the interview through a recruiter and the company preferred candidates with a MBA degree or at least in the progress of getting it. The first interview was with the HR on general behavioral questions. The 2nd interview took place a week later and I was interviewed by 3 members of the hiring team. Again, it was a straight up behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview, they gave you a case question in the form of approximation and guesstimates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Newark, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

The first time I showed up they forgot I was coming and had to reschedule. When I actually started working there I found out that was not normal. Things happen. I went back again anyway and got the job. Very happy that I did. The process overall was very good the second time around.

Interview Questions

• I was asked detailed product information   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Communications before interview were quick. Interviews are held off-site currently. Interviewed by two people separately on the same day. There seems to be an odd focus on money as a motivator, but otherwise pretty standard and friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you tried to convince someone to do something but it didn't work. Describe that situation, and thinking back on it what would you do differently to change the course of events?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Hartford, CT) in August 2009.

Interview

I interviewed over 8 years ago when they were building a sales desk, sell yourself, you can learn product later. Ask for the job, you will probably get it if you ask for it.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult scenario you failed to correct and ended up losing a realtionship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotioation, entry level

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Hartford, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

Very intense hiring process. Three interviews: phone interview, then interview with hiring manager and another person, then interviewed in front of a group of over 10 people and gave a 5 minute presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard corporate offer structure: take it or leave it.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

interviewed with multiple people in the same day for 1 position

Senior Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

It was great, but long. Because I had applied for two positions, I met with two people for one position, then two people for the other position, and then their supervisors.

MetLife has its own dedicated recruiters, so when I say I was contacted by a recruiter, it was their own recruiter. Scheduling and the initial phone interview were easy and relevant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave public accounting after all your years of experience.   1 Answer