MetLife Project Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

typical, high level qualifications screening first, than personality evaluations and situation questions including but not limited to those relevant for the role. Good technical questions. typical, high level qualifications screening first, than personality evaluations and situation questions including but not limited to those relevant for the role. Good technical questions.

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Started with a one hour phone interview with two people about project management specifics. After that I had two, one hour in-person interviews with two different people. The in-person interview was a behavior interview.

The overall process was long and rather disorganized. I suspect that at the time they have not ironed out all of their recruitement processes.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know the details of the projects I had led, like how large the budgets were, how many people involved, where they were geographically, etc. It was challenging, and I would suggest studying your past projects in depth in order to be answer such questions. Also, be able to talk about challenges that you have overcome as a PM. This was the most challenging part of the interview. The in person behavioral interview was easier. There are lots of behavioral practice interview questions online to help you prepare.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MetLife (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Call from recruiter for phone screen. She described the position and the culture of the office. Invitation to interview. Discussion with direct manager then shorter discussion with VP. Asked about experience and objectives. Discussion with VP seemed very impromptu like it was not a standard thing - this made me confident an offer was forthcoming.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Very simple and streamlined with one interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with difficult management and politics?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Project Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process was pretty structured. The typical questions were asked - although I did very well answering all the questions, the interviewer almost choked when I told her what my salary was with my former company. I guess I was over qualified for the job. There was not even a hint of a counter offer. I never r eally got a clear answer why I was not chosen for the job so I figured it was based on my previous salary. Actually, I would have settled for the lower salary - even though it was several thousand dollars than I was making but they never gave me a chance to tell them what I was willing to accept.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your job?   1 Answer