MetLife Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.4

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (Oakland, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I had a call from a recruiter, who read me the job description and set up the interview immediately. I interviewed for a position as a sales person for financial planning services- fee based. i asked why someone would pay for this planning when they could get it for free at Fidelity or Schwab. He did not have a good answer. He did not ask me any questions about my background. He just wanted to tell me about the company and what the goals were. At the interview he said he would send me a link to take a test as the next step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

I did not want a 100% commission job where you have to find your own leads. They said they give you leads, but when I asked, he said it only accounted for 50% of the appts.

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (Fairfax, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

informal

Interview Questions

The interviewers were friendly. My overall impression of the company and local leadership was not very professional group. The group and their performance standards as they described them were different from my expectations and perceptions of quality. I do not want to be critical and wish to keep comments broad.

Sales Interview

Interview

Invited to the office, for a nice interview. Well informed about various topics about the job and company itself. Some questions were asked personal life as well, but about my future as well.

Interview Questions

• What type of people can you make business with?   2 Answers

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife in August 2010.

Interview

Group interview/presentation followed by a personality test that took about 2 hours. After the test, waited to hear back, did hear back via email that I was not chosen to continue in the interview process

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife in August 2010.

Interview

two hours of testing before the interview

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife in May 2010.

Interview

The interview first consisted of a phone interview from HR that lasted about 30 minutes, it was a typical behavioral interview. Wanted to know why an interest in Sales. The next round was a one on one interview with the manager I was going to be working under if they hired me. Overall it was a positive experience and I would recommend the company.