MetLife Sales Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 905 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

MetLife

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MetLife

Interview

4 interviews in the process: one on campus, one on the phone, one over skype and then the final round in the office (I was in Chicago). Mostly conceptual questions as they are trying to get to know you and your personality.

Interview Questions
  • Do you love to win or hate to lose.
    Answer Question
  • What are you passionate about

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MetLife (Irvine, CA) in Oct 2019

Interview

I got an initial call to talk about myself and learn more about the job. I then got to set up a phone interview a week later to learn more about my skills and see if I would be a good fit for the job. The interview was no longer than 20 minutes, gave me 30 seconds to think about my answers.

Interview Questions
  • If I were to call your past employers, what would they say about you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in Jan 2018

Interview

Two phone interviews, one Skype interview, then an in office specific location with several members of the sales team in short behavioral interviews. Very friendly and professional group of people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MetLife

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife

Interview

Four rounds. There were two phone interviews, followed by a Skype interview , and last was an on-site interview. Each round was longer than the previous and more in depth. Often asked about feelings on relocation.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

MetLife

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife

Interview

Very thorough but casual. More about being personable and excited about the opportunity than showing what you know about insurance. Follow up always and never forget to say thank you

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

MetLife

Application

I interviewed at MetLife

Interview

Easy process. 4 rounds of interviews. 2 phone interviews, skype interview, and in-person interview. Last round is at location that you would train at. Employees are very friendly and personable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Seattle, WA) in Jan 2017

Interview

There was one phone interview, one skype interview, 1 day of on-site interviews. Interviewed with four people for the onsite interview and then had to give a quick 5 minute presentation.

Interview Questions
  • What was a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in Nov 2016

Interview

I received a phone call from a contracted HR representative. She actually forgot to call me the day before, so I had to set up a second interview. I was told if I passed that stage of the interview, they would set up an on-site interview in the coming weeks.

Interview Questions
  • It was basically just a phone conversation about my current position and what it encompasses. Standard, cliche questions like "my greatest strength" or "tell me about a time you faced a challenge..."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Athens, GA) in Oct 2016

Interview

Interview was very laid back and felt more like a conversation that interview. Didn't seem very organized and it was a little awkward because the employer did not even ask any questions. He was very nice but I don't feel like he was good at trying to get information

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to move to a different location for one year

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Cleveland, OH) in Apr 2016

Interview

It was a very laid back interview. It's all about showing that you are personable/driven. They want to see that you are confident and invested in succeeding in sales. Building relationships is also key.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews