MetLife Sales Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife Sales Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at MetLife

2.8

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked my reasons for wanting the position. After answer that, they invited me to have a phone interview. However, they never contacted to set up the phone interview. Then, they emailed me to have an on campus interview. When I showed up for the interview the recruiter had not written me down on her schedule, was unprepared and argued that we were not supposed to interview. We had the interview anyways although it was awkward because she was in the middle of lunch and did not have anything ready. Unsurprisingly, I ended up not getting another interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Had one in person, on campus interview. Need to be very interested in sales for this job. If you're not, they will be able to tell and will not offer you the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Boston, MA).

Interview

There is a 4-step interview process. Once you submit your resume, if they like you, they will call you. There are two phone interviews, one on-campus interview, and a final interview at their main office. They cut people after each round. They start with over 2000 applicants and only hire 20.

Interview Questions

• Not a question per say, but the third interview wasn't like a regular one. It was also like having a a social conversation, which was weird.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online through my University's career center website. Emailed a few days later saying I had been selected to interview for the position. First interview was on campus, one-on-one with Program Director. Very conversational and informal. Was told it would be a few months until the final round interviews would take place. Had final round interview a month and a half later at the corporate office. Half day consisting of six back-to-back thirty minute interviews with a few breaks in between. All interviews were very conversational, not a lot of behavioral or situational type questions. Really just want to get to know you as a candidate and for you to get to know MetLife as a company. Was called a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Extremely conversational, just be yourself! Was asked why I wanted to work in the Insurance industry and why I wanted to work for MetLife.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

3 month process that included three stages including phone and in person. First was phone screening, second was one on one, third was a whole day of panel interviews.

Recruiters were very responsive and answered any and all questions I had. They especially were interested if you were willing to relocate after completing their one year training program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I found out about the position from a campus recruiting event. My resume was passed on to a recruiter and I got a career fair follow up email. I then applied online and got an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview asked basic questions and was really nice. During the interview, I was even given feedback and a lot of encouragement. Subsequently, I got an email asking to set up an on campus interview. It was one on one and very conversational. After that I received an email to set up a Dallas regional interview over Skype.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I was interested in a sales position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by second round interviews at the Irvine office. There was an online assessment test prior to the second round interviews with a mix of verbal reasoning and math problems. Math problems were heavily based on sequence analysis and pattern recognition. After the "final round" I was invited to meet with the regional VP for a final chat.

Interview Questions

• What is a job you could not do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a contracted HR representative. She actually forgot to call me the day before, so I had to set up a second interview. I was told if I passed that stage of the interview, they would set up an on-site interview in the coming weeks.

Interview Questions

• It was basically just a phone conversation about my current position and what it encompasses. Standard, cliche questions like "my greatest strength" or "tell me about a time you faced a challenge..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview. It's all about showing that you are personable/driven. They want to see that you are confident and invested in succeeding in sales. Building relationships is also key.

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Very thorough but casual. More about being personable and excited about the opportunity than showing what you know about insurance. Follow up always and never forget to say thank you