MetLife Senior Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife Senior Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Don't remember the interview questions I was called back asked to do interview was asked questions and was told I'll get a call back asap
Was called back offered the job started a 7 week training class went through meeting and sent to a supervisor. Taadaa that's the interview process I hope u have reached 50 words

Interview Questions

MetLife Response

Aug 15, 2016 – Global Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for writing a review about your interview experience with MetLife. We take the feedback we see on Glassdoor to heart and we’re so glad it all worked out for you and us. We wish you the ... More

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Apply online, if selected you get scheduled for phone interview, once thats passed you take an online assessment that takes over an hour to complete it wasnt that easy due to the math portion for me, once thats passed you are scheduled for an onsite interview. This entire process took around 1week.
    The interview onsite was with 2 different people about 3o mins for each person, was asked 9 situational interview questions. Explained that had to pass series 6 exam at the end of 4 week class for it, if you dont pass you most likely wont have a job. Very adamant about spending extra time outside of work to study in order to pass the exam. The building is very nice in the ballantyne area, and the interviewers were nice and easy to talk to. Waiting to hear back on the offer

Interview Questions

• Descirbe a time in which you made a current process more effective   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume on MetLife.com, then was emailed a few weeks later for a phone screening. The phone screening was about an hour and was a run down of the job description, pay, training, and requirements, as well as some basic behavior questions and review of resume. I then did a test which was about and hour and a half. The test is pretty easy if you have experience in a call center. I personally had a technical issue with the letters showing up if I typed too fast which slowed my typing speed, but luckily I passed. I was then contacted the next day for an interview that afternoon. I sat in with the manager and was asked a few questions and was told what to expect while working there and then was offered the position. A few days later I had to do a background and drug test which was a bit tedious but everything went through fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go out of your way for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. The pay is pretty good, with bonuses and great benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted through email that they would like to set up a phone screening. Went through the phone screening and assessment and was scheduled for a 1:1 interview about a week later. The interview was filled with behavioral questions ie. tell about a time that you turned a bad situation into a good one. Interview only lasted about 15 minutes and I was told that I would receive information about the next steps in a few days. Two days later I received a call stating that they wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to prepare for a stretch goal and what steps did you take to achieve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview, and was scheduled for a face-to-face interview a few days later. Unfortunately, I had to reschedule and didn't get interviewed until mid-June. When I had my 1:1 interview though, I was asked behavioral questions and was offered the job immediately after the interview. I thought the process was fairly easy. I have never gotten an offer on the spot before.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult/unexpected questions. They were all behavioral, so the examples I gave seemed easy for me to discuss.   Answer Question

I initially accepted the offer, but because I am relocating and they are not able to tell me what my schedule will be after the 10 week training, I just rejected their offer. I emailed the recruiter to explain my situation which included me relocating with a small child & being the only one available to pick him up from school each day, and she let me know that the hiring manager wasn't able to assist me. The schedule wouldn't be available until 2 weeks before the end of the training class and it was going to be between the hours of 8am - 11 pm...PERIOD!! They are not flexible or willing to work with you on schedules or pay, so that did not work for me. Luckily, I have several other offers on the table elsewhere. They just lost the best worker they would ever get!!!

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I was initially brought in and trained as a temporary associate, spent six months as a temp, and was hired based on my job performance.

Negotiation

fairly one sided