MetLife Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MetLife

2.5

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC).

Interview

My great experience turned upside down with unpleasant hiring process. This great company, unfortunately, has terrible recruitment practices. Unethical in my opinion.

Step 1: Phone Screen with Recruiter. 30 minutes phone interview. She was very nice and shared next three steps.

Step 2: Hiring Manager. 45 minutes. Basic Project Management questions. Behavioural Questions. Your answers should reflect your personality as well. This interview went really well. Even before the interview ended, he told me that I will be moved to next round.

Step 3: Director of Technology Liaisons. Again basic PM and Behavioural Questions. They want to know your style. And once more before the interview ended, I was told that I made it to next round.

Step 4: Scheduled to interview with the Assistant Vice President. One day prior to the interview, received a call from the recruiter to reschedule it for a week later. Rescheduled.
15 minutes prior the rescheduled interview, received another call from the recruiter to reschedule it again! That was quite unusual but I accepted rescheduling to show my flexibility. One hour after, I received a cold, automatic email from their system that I am no longer under consideration.
When I contacted the recruitment relationship manager, he confirmed that my rescheduled-rescheduled interview has been canceled and they will move further with other candidates.
As a senior project manager in the industry close to 15 years, I would understand that they would choose another PM close to their work style. But after scheduling an interview 3 times, canceling the candidacy is disrespectful, unethical.
I tried to get an answer as to why this all happened, all I got was apologies.
Although I reported this unethical behavior, I didn't get any response. Whoever read my message, might be seeing this as a normal hiring process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (Irving, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was intense with one final VP making the selection. The team members were not included as part of the process and this should have been an indicator of things to come. The total process took only about thirty minutes and the majority of the input was provided by the interviewee. The interviewers questions seemed to be based on whether she liked the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you overcame a stumbling block.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating except that I promoted myself as the team lead (project manager) when they had another person in mind. I did land the job.