MetLife Summer Actuarial Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife Summer Actuarial Intern Interview Questions

2.0

Summer Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Wilmington, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the MetLife Careers website and also gave out my resume to them at a career fair. Got a call from someone in the Actuarial Development Program regarding my availability. I thought the initial interview was going to be over the phone, but it was on site. Had one-on-one interviews with three actuaries. They mostly asked about my academic background, experience, why I wanted to become an actuary, etc. They also told me a lot about the company and the kind of work that their actuaries did.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. One of the actuaries gave me a loan repayment problem from exam FM that was not too hard. Another actuary asked some behavioral questions about teamwork, etc that were not that challenging either.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The pay rate was competitive though, so I did not complain.

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Summer Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife in April 2011.

Interview

It tooks MetLife a few weeks to respond to my application. They eventually called me to schedule an interview at their office. I was interviewed by 3 people: two students and one actuary. It was mostly personality questions, asking about my past experiences and explaining what I did in my research the previous summer. Everyone was very nice and I accepted an offer about a week later. The office at Bridgewater was extremely nice, clean, and secure.

Interview Questions