MetLife Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Got called from recruiter, I was advised I will be interviewed by supervisor. It was very basic and short and was scheduled to speak with the manager.. none of them had a business card and that was a big indication that they weren't interested in hiring me because that was not professional.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I applied to the job through Indeed and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. After two phone interviews with recruiters, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with the management team. After the in-person interview, I was told that I would hear from a recruiter once the team had made their decision. However, the recruiter never contacted me. I sent a follow up e-mail about a week after my interview, and got no response.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minutes. Standard Telephone Interview - Screen. Nice accommodating HR person. Set the expectations for next week second interview but they actually called more than 2 weeks after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your most recent job. Standard questions.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL).

Interview

You'll complete a phone screening with recruiting; be ready to discuss your resume and be familiar with the job description you are applying for; if chosen, you'll be scheduled for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. In this case we meet as a group of about 8, discussed the job over PowerPoint, then round robin interviewed for about 10 minutes with a couple of managers to total 3 rounds.

The interview style used was STAR method. Research this and become familiar with the questions asked under each topic. Have scenarios ready to discuss for example, how does organization work for you? Tell me about a time when you've escalated something? What is your greatest strength or weakness? Why do you want this job? How do you rate our systems? How do you handle adversity in the workplace? And many more provided in the study topic of the STAR method.

When you pass this, an additional interview will be scheduled with the higher management as well. Be prepared to talk about the same but pinpoint some areas. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an escalation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

LTC Benefit Intake Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

horrific, poor communication. They use a recruiting company that does not respond to emails/calls. Very unprofessional. They have apparently recently changed recruiting companies, however the entire process was drawn out and no follow up from the recruiter even after several attempts to reach him directly. I would not recommend this company at all. I even had an employee referral and it was ridiculously unprofessional. The interview with the manger and supervisors went extremely well. I have learned that they decided to offer the position to a current employee in a different department.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview, the reciuter contact and ask me several questions on my current situations and then hiring manager contacted me. He is very kind and asked many questions about my daily life, such as what I did in my spare time. The overall experience is good and not that serious.

Remittance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple. Nothing surprising. The interview was primarily focused on my past job experience. They ensured whether I had the exact skill set for what they were looking for which was excel and basic communications skills.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you face difficulty with a supervisor?   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The process begins with a recruiter that completes any required testing for your position. Once these requirements are satisfied there is a phone interview followed by two in person interviews. One with immediate management followed by one with upper management. They require professional attire at the interview. No visible tattoos and natural hair color.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Manager Remittance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen from recruiting department then phone interview with hiring manager. Recruiters are very personable but do not have much information about the position. They pass on the information to the hiring manager from the phone screen and call back if they want to do initial interview over the phone. If the phone interview goes well they call back to have you come in to the office for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about your strengths / weaknesses.   Answer Question

Remittance Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Their process is a little slow but you can always contact them recruiter. I was very nervous but thought the interview went well. The manager went over the job in such detail that I actually had a clear understanding of them position.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose Metlife instead of going back to my previous employer?   Answer Question