Meta Quantitative User Experience Researcher Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 8,772.0 interviews

Applied online25%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta in Feb 2021

Interview

A recruiter reached out to gauge interest and set up a phone screen. After the initial phone screen, I was then passed to another recruiter to take me through the rest of the interview process. Then a video interview with someone in a similar role. Followed by a final round interview that included a presentation followed by three 1x1 interviews. In between there were a few additional conversations with the second recruiter to understand my interests and in preparation for the final round interview. The candidate experience with the second recruiter was absolutely terrible. She was either late for every call/meeting or did not show up. She was discourteous in the scheduling process and instead of asking for when I was available to coordinate a time, would just tell me the time and date that she would call me and expect me to be available at that time. I rescheduled other things to accommodate, only to have her not show up/not call at all. Interactions with everyone else was fantastic though. The actual interviews (not the conversations with the recruiter) were very well structured and professional.

Interview Questions
  • Research interests, knowledge check on statistics and UX research methodology, questions to gauge your ability to create a research plan that is user-focused and also product-centric. Behavioral questions on communication, management, and collaboration style. Skills check on analytical techniques.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Meta

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meta (Palo Alto, CA)

Interview

I first had a brief screen with a recruiter. After that, I had two separate video interviews with user experience researchers. After passing these, I was scheduled for an onsite interview. They sent me an exercise 3 days in advance of the interview. I was told to prepare a 30 min presentation on the exercise. This was presented first thing during the onsite interview, to 4 people from the team. I then interviewed with each of those team members. The process was quick - I got responses the next day for almost all interviews. The recruiters were great and helpful, and the researchers were very nice, interesting, and fun to talk to. Unfortunately I did not make the cut.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see Facebook in 5 years from now? Give an example of when you showed entrepreneurial spirit. Pick a user experience problem on Facebook that is relevant to FB's mission and propose a research plan.
7 people found this interview helpful

What Meta employees are saying

Join the conversation on

Compensation

8d

works at

Facebook (Meta)

Took a paycut going into Meta - $305k TC to $270k. Also had an AP offer for $370k. Decided to go with Meta as I wanted to scratch the industry/FAANG itch. Ive really struggled because the role hasn’t panned out as expected, and the only benefit has been WLB. Should i go back out into market? Only been 6 months at the new role

26 Comments