Metro Nashville Police Department - Tennessee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metro Nashville Police Department - Tennessee

Candidate Interview Review

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Metro Nashville Police Department - Tennessee (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

All law enforcement positions require a lengthy hiring process, patience, common sense, physical strength and a clean background check. I applied in November of 2014 and completed my finger-printing, physical test (push-ups, sit-ups, 300 meter sprint, 1.5 mile run) and written (written and a series of video scenarios after which you select the best answer) the same month (unusual, I asked to join that testing group). A few months passed before I heard anything while they complete an extensive background check, but had an oral board (20 questions, two minutes to answer each- this was the least intimidating of four departments with whom I completed an oral board) medical evaluation (with drug, hearing and vision tests), voice analysis test (lie detector) psychological evaluation. As an out of state candidate, I made three trips to Nashville for a consolidated hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Oral board questions will vary by candidate and academy class.   1 Answer

I decided to accept an offer from another department closer to home.