MetroPCS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetroPCS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.4

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetroPCS.

Interview

I sat down with the manager and he explained the process- there was a list of questions that HR provides so that everyone gets the same questions. He also explained what the role's responsibilities were.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you work with a team.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your supervisor told you "no". What did you do, and how did you bounce back?   Answer Question
    • What is your communication style?   Answer Question
    • What type of marketing would you say you are a specialist in?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetroPCS in June 2017.

Interview

The recruiter seemed sweet but flaky
    The in-person interviewer was alright but everything felt mechanical

Overall it wasn't terrible, the people themselves seemed kind but there was something off. I can definitely see how the location I interviewed didn't have a fully fledged out team like they wanted to... Especially when the company has poor follow up and slightly off-putting representation

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer   Answer Question

Team Store Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetroPCS (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple she just wanted a brief overview of my sales experience how well I interact with customers and want to do in tough situations and it ended up turning into a very friendly conversation I went in for the positions and I end up getting the highest

Interview Questions

• What's your sales experience   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetroPCS in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted for a phone interview a week later. The person interviewing me seemed unenthusiastic and uninterested from the beginning and it was very obvious that it was scripted. She had asked me about my experience in developing marketing plans and I proceeded to tell her that I hadn't been in a position previously that I developed marketing plans. I proceeded to tell her about my background (which is in graphic design and event management) and how I was looking to transition into a marketing focused role. From there, the majority of the questions were about marketing plans and I had to keep reiterating that I hadn't developed one before, I felt as if I was talking to a robot. I understand if previous experience in developing marketing plans is a 'must-have', but at least adapt the questions to conversation. (Plus, there is no mention of marketing plans on my resume, so I'm not sure why I got the interview in the first place if that was there sole focus.) In the end, they did not learn about any of my strengths or skills that I could have brought to their team. I got off the phone knowing I wouldn't get a second interview, but not upset about it due to how frustrating the call was.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about T-Mobile / MetroPCS?
      All other questions are strictly about marketing plans, no behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MetroPCS.

Interview

The interview was simple and only asked a few questions. Needed to have a car in order to get the job and needed to be good with people. Overall the interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me a computer.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst, Business Analysis - Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetroPCS (Richardson, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial screening by phone with a recruiter. Then I was scheduled for a second round interview with the hiring manager. He indicated they would narrow their list to three candidates and bring them in for another round of interviews. I made that cut and went in for the third round, this time interviewing with two other managers and then a final wrap up with the hiring manager. I was to expect a response within 7-10 days. Overall the interviews were positive; each manager was very relaxed and while I did answer a lot of questions, it felt more like having a friendly conversation than an interview. I heard from the recruiter the following week, saying I did not get the position but the managers were so impressed with my background and enthusiasm they were going to "shop around" my resume to other teams. Overall a very positive experience,

Interview Questions

• How do you manage constantly shifting priorities?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MetroPCS (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Metro is a franchise, so it depends on which store you apply for. I had a friend who worked there already, and she helped me get the job, the interview was pretty fast. He didn't have that many questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MetroPCS (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. Regional manager interviewed me. And a few others for 22 stored they had in the area. Simple question like tell me about yourself, why should I hire you, sell me this cup and close the sell.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetroPCS (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Emailed my resume to the manager and got scheduled for an interview the next day. Interview was on a Tuesday and I was supposed to hear back on Friday but never did and she never responded to my email asking about my application status.

Interview Questions

• What you did in your previous job/ any experience you have   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MetroPCS (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was really simple. Applied in person, interviewed the very next day, Got a job offer same day. I started training the very next week. Training is about 2 to 4 weeks, and then you begin to receive commission.