Metromile Javascript Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Javascript Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metromile (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was headhunted for this position through Hired.com. The company definitely values skill over a degree. I only have a high school diploma, but a ton of programming experience I was able to showcase. The process took a few weeks; each interaction was spaced out over a couple business days which consisted of an initial phone call, an over-the-phone technical interview, an onsite technical interview, and a final interview with the CTO over-the-phone.

The phone interview consisted of a few Javascript questions. Although the role is full-stack, my position was going to be front-end focused due to my experience, so I was asked fairly straight-forward HTML/CSS questions, and some difficult JS coding puzzles in the mix.

The onsite technical interview ramped up in difficulty quickly. They were nothing outrageous, and each interviewer was very happy to clear up details and any questions I had. All the questions I asked, I felt, were tailored to my experience. I was able to answer most questions with a good balance of speed, efficiency and style. I also feel like personality played a big part in the hiring process; you really have to be able to get along with the team members and I feel as though striking up conversation and making a few jokes helped.

Interview Questions

• Implement a Javascript Promise object.   1 Answer
  • Implement a few front-end effects involving event listeners and event propagation.   Answer Question