Metropolitan Museum of Art Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.7

Exhibition Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype call interview with two people who were design managers in the museum. Brief and straightforward questions regarding personal traits, skill set and why I would like to work there.

Summer Interview

Interview

First applied through the website, got a group interview a few weeks later. We were placed in a large room where they conducted a group interview. Meanwhile, each person was taken out and interviewed individually. Everyone was very nice and questions were about desire to work there and excitement about the position.

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a small chat with the design team lead over coffee. Was brought in over a month later to meet more of the team. Email from HR describing where to go I thought was clear until I got there. Followed instructions but no one downstairs seemed to know where to send me. After talking to a few security guards, I was brought up to talk to the HR hiring manager. After that, had (2) one hour interview sessions set up. First one was with the development and project management leads. The team was running late so had less time to talk about my work and had no time left talk at the end to the team leads to learn how they work. One person was on their phone for most of the interview. After that, met the design team and they were really great to talk to and have some really interesting projects on their radar.

Was told the entire process would be slow, but this took months. Waited over a month until an acquaintance at the museum told me they were going to offer the role to another applicant. Zero official communication from HR or the team involved.

Interview Questions

• Average questions, asking about my previous employment and projects I've worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for one of the paid internship positions over the summer. I submitted my application via email after which the education department followed up. I was notified by the department I was interested in that I would be contacted to set up a date for a telephone interview.

The interview itself was actually quite conversational I was asked a couple of questions about specific positions I had held previously. Be prepared to answer questions about positions that you have held very early on in your employment history.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY).

Interview

short and concise. The Interviewer went over the position of the internship and asked if I would be interested in. It was casual but inspiring. The whole process took only about 15 minutes

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I did a Skype interview with a few people from the department. It lasted about an hour long, and they asked pretty basic questions regarding my experience, my interests, and my future goals. I heard back from them a couple of weeks later.

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The process involved three interviews, the inclusion of writing samples, and a writing test. The entire process took about a month. The reviewers were very thorough, and were most interested in my writing skills.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY).

Interview

Setting up the interview was a real nightmare, it took 21 emails total.

After the first exchange of emails there was a silence of several days. In one email exchange I told the HR person that I could do every day but X and Y and next thing she does is proposing an interview one of those days. I went there assuming I was just meeting with this HR person, but I was also going to meet with the responsible of the area. I was ready to impress HR but not so to go ahead with the other person.

Interview Questions

• Interview with HR was pretty average, she was way nicer in person than by email. The responsible of the area was very sweet and pleasant, there were many questions testing specific knowledge of the digital work of museums.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted several weeks later by email to schedule a phone conversation which took place the next day. The phone conversation was pretty informal. The interviewer asked me some questions about my interests, goals, and experience. She also gave me a lot more information about the type of work I would be doing. The conversation lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer told me I would receive an email by the end of the next week about my status.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you interested in an internship at the Met?
      2. Tell me about one of your work experiences.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

They call you to do separate phone screenings. The first is with the recruiter and the second is with the hiring manager. If successful, they set you up with a 4 hour in-person interview at their offices.