Metropolitan Museum of Art Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Metropolitan Museum of Art

2.7

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY).

Interview

Setting up the interview was a real nightmare, it took 21 emails total.

After the first exchange of emails there was a silence of several days. In one email exchange I told the HR person that I could do every day but X and Y and next thing she does is proposing an interview one of those days. I went there assuming I was just meeting with this HR person, but I was also going to meet with the responsible of the area. I was ready to impress HR but not so to go ahead with the other person.

Interview Questions

• Interview with HR was pretty average, she was way nicer in person than by email. The responsible of the area was very sweet and pleasant, there were many questions testing specific knowledge of the digital work of museums.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (Atlanta, GA) in November 2018.

Interview

First applicants are required to write essays in response to prompted question. Then essays would be reviewed, and if selected by a department, prospect employer would reach out and arrange a phone interview. The job is in New York, but there's no need to fly over to New York for that.

Interview Questions

• What were you experiences in student media (as listed on my resume)   Answer Question
    • What were some of the articles that you've written?   Answer Question

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview since they probably had applicants throughout US. The interviewer was the head of the program in Education. Questions were pretty standard. Why do you want to work in the Education Department? What do you think can be improved/done to the programs? Things like that. She spent more than half of the time introducing the projects in the department. She talked like I already got the place. The official notice actually came 9 days later from Met's official intern account.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of alternative experience are you interested in?   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (Queens Village, NY).

Interview

My Interview i was ask if i can read,write, and how well can i count numbers. If i am Bilingual to be able to translate from time to time to communicate with other workers. How well can i be a team player with other, can i work well with others. My interview i had was very interesting and straight to
    the point with the questions and answering them.

Interview Questions

• When can you start working? Can you work overtime and holidays and weekends ? Do you have
      small kids will it be a problem coming to work everyday? Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We negotiate the hourly rate from 9.50 to 10.00 an hour then i receive a raise for 11.00 hour.

Visitor Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I found the position posted on a job board and submitted an application through the museum HR address. I had a preliminary interview with the supervisor and a second round interview with HR and additional VS staff.

Interview Questions

• What issues have you faced with dealing with members of the public and how did you solve them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art in August 2014.

Interview

First interview was a phone call, second interview was in person with a couple of people from Management. Short interview, quick tour of the department and museum. Received a response about a week after.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It's was a group interview. So every one had the chance to speak on why they should get hired. Etc. we all passed the interview process it was 4 of us.

Interview Questions

• How could I help In the job I'm applying for?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art in November 2014.

Interview

I applied in late October online. I got an email for an interview first week of November. Given its prestigious reputation and my dream work environment, I was extremely nervous. I met with the head of HR, who was very sweet and made the interview enjoyable. I next met with one of the higher ups. She was terrifying, she did most of the talking. Despite the job description, she told me I'd be doing only one of the duties listed there. I got the sense she wasn't too into me or anything I had to say. I was out of her office in about 10 minutes. I left the MET feeling shellshocked and knew I wasn't going to get any sort of answer from them.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Standard tell me about yourself, why are you looking to leave your current job, why the MET, etc...   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of a meeting with HR, followed by a meeting with the department, followed by a panel meeting with the others I would report to/support. During the pannel interview I was provided with a tast to assess my excel skills. The task was relatively easy for intermediate users and I was able to ask a question for support. I was offered the position within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any none standard questions. The worst for a young assistant was, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were few negatives.

Interview

Good interview process. Contacted by HR for a phone interview then followed up with a direct report interview. Final interview was with multiple senior managers in the department. Very friendly and open process.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you were drawn to working in this department   Answer Question