Metropolitan Museum of Art Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Metropolitan Museum of Art Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY).

Interview

short and concise. The Interviewer went over the position of the internship and asked if I would be interested in. It was casual but inspiring. The whole process took only about 15 minutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for one of the paid internship positions over the summer. I submitted my application via email after which the education department followed up. I was notified by the department I was interested in that I would be contacted to set up a date for a telephone interview.

The interview itself was actually quite conversational I was asked a couple of questions about specific positions I had held previously. Be prepared to answer questions about positions that you have held very early on in your employment history.

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The process involved three interviews, the inclusion of writing samples, and a writing test. The entire process took about a month. The reviewers were very thorough, and were most interested in my writing skills.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY).

Interview

Setting up the interview was a real nightmare, it took 21 emails total.

After the first exchange of emails there was a silence of several days. In one email exchange I told the HR person that I could do every day but X and Y and next thing she does is proposing an interview one of those days. I went there assuming I was just meeting with this HR person, but I was also going to meet with the responsible of the area. I was ready to impress HR but not so to go ahead with the other person.

Interview Questions

• Interview with HR was pretty average, she was way nicer in person than by email. The responsible of the area was very sweet and pleasant, there were many questions testing specific knowledge of the digital work of museums.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted several weeks later by email to schedule a phone conversation which took place the next day. The phone conversation was pretty informal. The interviewer asked me some questions about my interests, goals, and experience. She also gave me a lot more information about the type of work I would be doing. The conversation lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer told me I would receive an email by the end of the next week about my status.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you interested in an internship at the Met?
      2. Tell me about one of your work experiences.
      Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

They call you to do separate phone screenings. The first is with the recruiter and the second is with the hiring manager. If successful, they set you up with a 4 hour in-person interview at their offices.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (Queens Village, NY).

Interview

My Interview i was ask if i can read,write, and how well can i count numbers. If i am Bilingual to be able to translate from time to time to communicate with other workers. How well can i be a team player with other, can i work well with others. My interview i had was very interesting and straight to
    the point with the questions and answering them.

Interview Questions

• When can you start working? Can you work overtime and holidays and weekends ? Do you have
      small kids will it be a problem coming to work everyday? Do you have reliable transportation?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

We negotiate the hourly rate from 9.50 to 10.00 an hour then i receive a raise for 11.00 hour.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY).

Interview

It was okay. I don't remember the process since it happened many years ago. But I do remember it took several months before I was hired because the hiring managers and others involved in the hiring process were not available. I don't have 50 words to continue describing this process.

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview since they probably had applicants throughout US. The interviewer was the head of the program in Education. Questions were pretty standard. Why do you want to work in the Education Department? What do you think can be improved/done to the programs? Things like that. She spent more than half of the time introducing the projects in the department. She talked like I already got the place. The official notice actually came 9 days later from Met's official intern account.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of alternative experience are you interested in?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It's was a group interview. So every one had the chance to speak on why they should get hired. Etc. we all passed the interview process it was 4 of us.

Interview Questions

• How could I help In the job I'm applying for?   1 Answer