Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.9

Educational Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools.

Interview

Telephone interview with HR Manager was about 20 minutes in length. I went to meet with the Principal and tour the school. After our 30 minutes interview, I was told I would receive a call if hired. The questions were fairly easy and also highlighted what growth I may see myself doing in this position.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for this position?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and helpful. I had to take a math test and did very well. 'everyone at distrct was helpful and supportive.. I was asked if i had kitchen and customer service experince, which I did. The maager was veru nice and helpful.

Instructional Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

They asked lots of questions about effective instruction it also asked a lot about personalized Proffessional Development and coaching cycles. Need to know about balanced literacy and balanced math. Also asked about prior leadership experience and working with others

Interview Questions

• How would you differentiate pd?   1 Answer

Certified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (Nashville, TN).

Interview

HR lost my application. I had to reapply later after they finally figured out they lost the application. Then I was passive-aggressively insulted by a staff member during the interview process. Dysfunctional district, is the impression it leaves...

Middle School Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools in June 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with administration. Phone screen on Friday, panel interview on Monday. Job offered on Monday night. I started on Tuesday. The interview was not extremely difficult. It was general questions asked by educators.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through On campus Site Interviews at Vanderbilt. It only took 15 minutes. I was interviewed my a Human resource officer and it felt more like a conversation than an interview.He asked generic scenario questions and asked me to talk about what brought me to teaching. I was emailed 3 days later with an early agreement offer. I am currently awaiting my placement.

Interview Questions

• What is the key to building a relationship with students?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (Nashville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

GO into a room. they sit you down there are three or four people on the opposite side of the table. They ask you about yourself. They ask technical questions about network cable length and operating systems and such.

Interview Questions

• How far can you run cat 5 cable before you have to repeat the signal? something along those lines   1 Answer

Family Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools in August 2014.

Interview

I had an employee referral from within the same department of MNPS. The position was for a family support specialist. I sent a cover letter and resume to the employee, and was selected for an interview. You had to give a presentation on "parent involvement", under 5 minutes. From there they had about 4 questions, then I asked my questions. All in all, it was a very short interview. Not a lot of time for discussion.

Interview Questions

• Not the questions, but the length of the interview. Only 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (Nashville, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

asked several questions from several people on the panal, each person asked a few questions and went around the table and fired questions at me and went around 2 times

Interview Questions

• Questions of the trade why do i want to work for them, asked me different type of problems i have dealt with and asked questions about your trade, and asked about how you get along with your team mates   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked you what you would like in pay, and they have a number already, and they will tell you, and if you like it you can take the job or not

Spanish Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (Nashville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

Skype interview that lasted about 20 with the executive principal and one assistant principal. Questions about general teaching practices, having native Spanish speakers in class, a few questions about teaching practices in Spanish. It was relatively informal compared to other schools in the district interviews. I was offered the position on the spot from the executive principal.

Interview Questions

• How will you differentiate your teaching in lower level Spanish classes for those who are native or heritage speakers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Salary schedule and benefits are predetermined by the district.