Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Interview Questions

2.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very odd. I didn't actually have an interview, they just called me up and asked if I was interested and then asked if I would accept the position. There was little to no turnaround. My offer was contingent on me passing a background check. When I talked about it with another intern at the end of the program, he also told me he had a very short interview, and that he didn't even have to prepare for it. I think for the interns, it depends on the department and how many applicants they have.

Interview Questions

• No tough questions were asked. They just wanted to know if I could accept it and meet their deadlines.   5 Answers

Senior Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (Fairfax, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an interview in the office of a consulting engineering company and agreed on all terms and conditions including the salary. The consulting company submitted my resume to the Authority for approval.

Interview Questions

• Questions on how I qualify contractors and consulting companies to work for the owner?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority in September 2014.

Interview

This is for customer service ambassador position at Washington Dulles International Airport. I applied Online, The whole process is simple as receiving several emails from HR, Invited to take the customer service behavioral exam at their HQ in Arlington (Reagan), Got selected and went in for interview at Dulles. Questions are pretty basic behavioral questions. One tip I could give is that you will be asked about your availability because this is job at airport which operates 365 days a year, and those WILL matter in getting selected. Interview went well and was offered a position, Went into their HQ again to meet a person at HR to fill out paperwork. You need ID to work at an airport so you have to finish the paperwork and fingerprinting for background check at a place called Pass & ID office. Process is definitely simple and easy if you do get selected but expect a pretty lengthy background check. It's been over a month and I'm still waiting for clearance.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, questions are basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (Herndon, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Received an email to call and set up a phone interview. I called and was asked which office I wanted to work in. Then I set up a time to talk to someone in the Herndon, VA office. I completed the phone interview. I was asked basic questions like explain your experience here. It was very conversational. I sent a thank you email afterwards. I was asked to send a writing sample. Then two days later I received a call from HR to offer me a position.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied online for a position that I thought had an extremely detailed application. It consisted of eleven essay questions about my qualifications and ethics. MWAA has had huge ethic violations in the past so they are very big about vetting candidates.

It took me about a good week to assemble my application and I submitted it shorty after. About three days later I received the most breathtakingly worst rejection letter ever written. I have about four years of work experience as well as a graduate degree and my qualifications certainly meet the minimum required in the job posting. The rejection letter came across as if I offended the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority by my application. Well see for yourself because the rejection letter is too good not to share….

Dear _______,

Thank you for your interest and efforts in applying for the position of Federal and Regulatory Government Relations Program Representative.

After careful consideration of all the applications, only those candidates whose experience best meets or exceeds the qualification requirements for the position as described in the vacancy announcement were selected for further consideration. Unfortunately, your particular skill set does not represent the best fit for this position.

We appreciate your interest in employment with the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and encourage you to apply for other positions for which you are qualified.

Interview Questions

• Describe your commitment to ethics and integrity in public service to help maintain an ethical and transparent approach to conducting business activities relating to federal and regulatory government relations on behalf of and in the best interests of the Airports Authority.   Answer Question
    • Describe your basic knowledge of core, critical Airports Authority operations, programs, policies, priorities and key projects and issues, including but not limited to: capital construction, airport operations, the rail construction project, Dulles Toll Road operations, the aviation/airport industry, and of the Office of Communications, altogether to help inform, educate, engage, and otherwise assist senior staff in interacting (on behalf of the Airports Authority) with government officials and key staff.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority in May 2013.

Interview

Very informal hiring process. After several emails from HR, I got a phone interview with the department manager. No tricky questions, just a few things on my resume.They cares more about your personality rather than technical things. Got a phone call to offer me that intern position about 1 hour later. BTW, prepare for an abnormally long background-checking- period.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (Dulles, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Personality Questions & Customer Service Questions, explaining how to deal with certain situations. Just keeping smiling, be confident, and show some personality, you'll get the job as a student. While your in, there are several opportunities to work for within the airport. Keep networking and you might land a chance elsewhere.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority in January 2010.

Interview

Communication from human resources kinda of difficult. Interview was standard customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question