Metropolitan Water District of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Metropolitan Water District of Southern California Interview Questions

Interviews at Metropolitan Water District of Southern California

2.7

Journeyman Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.

Interview

I had to go through two tests to get an interview. There was a written portion first that tested you on basic mathematical concepts and ethics. The second test was a physical test where you had to assemble piping in a dark water reservoir, shovel dirt over a ~3ft wall, match wires according to a piece of paper, and screw on more piping while on a ladder. The last portion was a regular interview with 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral. What did you do when your supervisor was not around? Tell me about a time where you had a problem with a coworker and how did you resolve it? What were the results of your actions? Those are the types of questions I was asked.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Pomona, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's website and waited for their response. The interview is composed of half written and half oral. They ask technical questions but also want to see how you are. There was three interviewers.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview is fairly easy, you will be asked about stuff you learn in your classes, basic data structures, and concepts. Just review what you learn in your cs classes when you were freshman or sophomore and you will be fine

Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

technical exam, about 4-5 questions based on the field of engineering you are applying for. The exam I took composed mainly of EIT-similar problems, with an emphasis on fluids. Response regarding if you get the position or not takes 4 weeks after the interview date.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that will help benefit you for the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was split into two days. The first day included a written exam, which asked technical Civil Engineering questions and a written portion. The test was about an hour. The second day was an in person interview with a panel of various engineers. The asked both personal assessment and technical question. The interview was about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Self assessment questions. Various things regarding soil mechanics.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online. It took 3 months to go through the whole process - applying, interviewing, and starting the internship. I was interviewed by a panel. Typical behavioral questions, going over resume, etc. I was then showed around the office and introduced to many people. People here are genuinely nice, love what they do, and stay in the company.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Verne, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (La Verne, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It started with a quick computer office skills test upon arrival of the interview time. Then there was a panel interview immediately afterwards, which consisted of approximately 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• One that stuck out was something along the lines of explaining a project you have handled.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Riverside, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of testing my computer skills prior to interview. The interview was done with a panel of 3 friendly interviewers and only 10 questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall the exact questions that were asked but they were standard questions regarding how you would handle certain situations on the job.   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer I Interview

Application

Interview

The first part of the interview was a conceptual written test and the second part was the actual interview. The actual interview was a group interview that consisted of half conceptual questions and half behavioral questions. I don't know what it was but I felt like one of the interviewers came off rude so I did not enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions

• half behavioral questions and half conceptual questions   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.

Interview

First interview I was taken into a room with three people from the team. They asked me behavioral questions, what would I do in specific situations, and finally had me interpret a blueprint. You got to choose which blueprint to analyze, categorized between types that mechanical, civil, and electrical engineers would be comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• Look at this blueprint and tell me what the key points of it are.   Answer Question