Metso Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Metso Interview Questions

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Metso.

Interview

I was recruited by the company. The Manager asked me a few questions and gave me a tour. I got the job the same day.

The interview process was simple. Metso has a community that is like family and very laid back.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with SolidWorks?   2 Answers

Electrical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Metso (Canonsburg, PA).

Interview

Lots of explaining what I've done so far. The hiring manager was very nice and one of the managers did not show up. I was asked if I was still interviewing at the very end. Pleased with the experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What are your key strengths   1 Answer
    • What are two key weaknesses   1 Answer

Process Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metso.

Interview

Interview was thorough with most of the time being devoted to discussion of mining experience. No real rapport built and it seemed as though it was just a discussion of what the work would be. They were very straight forward in terms of what they asked.

Interview Questions

• Standard "where do you see yourself in five years ?" questions   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Metso (York, PA).

Interview

Bad video conferencing and PowerPoint presentation. HR locally was great in person, but lied about follow-up. Interviewer on video conference was not prepared. PowerPoint presentation was a complete mess. Look like something done by a grade schooler. Not a company that I would ever consider working for, due to the unprofessionalism. The previous person quit after a month, no surprise!

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Metso.

Interview

I contacted Metso Minerals through email. I got a response and they told me to send them my cover letter and resume. Then, I scheduled an over the phone interview. After that, they gave me an official acceptance letter/email with instructions on how to go about the next steps leading up to the summer.

Interview Questions

• It was very straight forward. Just talked about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metso (York, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Meet with one person in York, PA and video conference with a young lady in Asia, she used a PP presentation, that I could hardly read (needed a re-vamp). Was told they'd tell me something yet, after 3 months I've heard nothing. I believe they string people along to see if whom they chose will work out.

Interview Questions

• It was just hard to verbal understand the video conference interviewer.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metso.

Interview

Brief. They don't seem to pre-read the resume. They have a pre-concept of what they are looking for. Not very flexible.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to work globally, code words for China and India   Answer Question

Supply Chain Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metso (Columbia, SC) in November 2012.

Interview

Laid back, basic questions. The gentleman had a lot of experience so a lot of industry questions. I never worked in the industry but I was able to relate my skills from other careers to this career. The interview process does take long here because no one wants to make a decision really fast.....job approvals can take for ever and even once approved it can take a long time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself....to be honest most managers have no skills in this area so they ask the basics   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty standard

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Metso (Canonsburg, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

I had met with 1 or 2 principal managers and the interview went okay, not very informative about how things work in that office. They are desperate in their hiring of staff, so they will let anyone in the door.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metso (Charlotte, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

Process began with HR phone screen, then after that I received a call about coming to location to have a more in-depth 1:1 interview with about 5 ppl. Most didn't show up, it was a sign...

Interview Questions

• 5 Strengths and weaknesses (Honestly, they just want to make sure you have a pulse and are a good cultural fit with this question, nothing really difficult) Technical questions came up later.   Answer Question