Miami Dade Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Miami Dade Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.3

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. There appears to be a shortage of qualified teachers and if you have the educational background, passion and correct mindset then you should do well. Although it may be more challenging to teach, interviewing for at a high-need school may help you secure a job if you are qualified. I do not think competition would be a challenge.

Interview Questions

• What are the qualities of an outstanding teacher?

How would you address the different needs of students in your class?
      1 Answer

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL).

Interview

There were three interviews. The first was in the department that was hiring. The second was with a committee of teachers and an administrator who worked at the school. The last interview was with the principal.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student cussed you out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple talking through. Why do you want this job? Is it going to be permanent? Do you know the kind of students at that particular school? Simple talking through. Why do you want this job? Is it going to be permanent? Do you know the kind of students at that particular school?

Teacher Interview

Interview

Submission of application package and short in-person interview. Once submitted they call you for an interview. It's very simple and just a formality. If you follow directions and instructions then there is nothing to worry about.

Uniform Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

They asked about my experience with customers and how to deal with different situations. About office procedures, and if I new about receiving/shipping, inventory, etc. They also asked about my personal life, family, my hobbies and interests. About my last job, why I retired from it, etc. My experience working in Miami Dade County Public Schools is great, I learned a lot about different stages, from basic office procedures to complex scenarios. Since I am a fast learner I could learn anything I needed to do what my employer wanted to accomplish.

Interview Questions

• If I could work weekends and holidays.   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

Takes forever. There are only a few times a year that the positions are open so you have to keep checking the website. Once you finally apply, it takes about 4 months to get through the system.

Interview Questions

• How do we know the students will be safe in your presence?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

There's no point of becoming a teacher anymore because of the Annual Contact. The Union only protects veteran teachers. Basically, you're given termination notice of your contract ending on June 5th in February. When you're let go, you have to redo your fingerprinting and drug test each year. There's no stability in the teaching profession.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement the new standards into your curriculum?   Answer Question

Coordinator III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

You submit on line the application. They screen of applications. 1st and 2nd Interviews with panels of persons. Phone call in between to advice of the next step. Then a phone call to say that you were selected.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between expense and expenditure?   1 Answer
    • What is the reason that you applied to this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple. You just apply through teacher match and wait to be contacted by principals. Schools will usually contact teachers within a few days to arrange an interview.

After School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I was hired by the Assistant Principal and the person in charge of the After school Program. They alternated while asking my questions. They asked many questions about past jobs and/or what future jobs I am looking into. Don't be late and dress professional. Also make sure you are on the right street , because finding the door for the interview was challenging for me.

Interview Questions

• What steps would I take if a younger child of the opposite sex approaches me and tells me they like me in a physical way .   Answer Question