Miami Dade Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.3

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL).

Interview

There were three interviews. The first was in the department that was hiring. The second was with a committee of teachers and an administrator who worked at the school. The last interview was with the principal.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student cussed you out?   1 Answer

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Three are typically three rounds of interviews for professional positions. There is an initial screening with a committee of diverse employees. Then, there is an interview with the specific department. Finally, there is a one-on-one with the department head.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experience that made me qualified for the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.

Coordinator III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

You submit on line the application. They screen of applications. 1st and 2nd Interviews with panels of persons. Phone call in between to advice of the next step. Then a phone call to say that you were selected.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between expense and expenditure?   1 Answer
    • What is the reason that you applied to this company?   1 Answer

Teaching Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

The process was a bit lengthy as a background check conducted of fingerprints was required and had to request official transcripts. Other than that it was a standard protocol in terms of hiring.

Social Studies Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

Questions on educational philosophy and behavior management strategies. The different prinicipals described their schools and how they were each unique. It was important to understand the different communities. They also discussed logistics of the school and how the school day worked. There was not as much focus on content knowledge.

After School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I was hired by the Assistant Principal and the person in charge of the After school Program. They alternated while asking my questions. They asked many questions about past jobs and/or what future jobs I am looking into. Don't be late and dress professional. Also make sure you are on the right street , because finding the door for the interview was challenging for me.

Interview Questions

• What steps would I take if a younger child of the opposite sex approaches me and tells me they like me in a physical way .   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

Takes forever. There are only a few times a year that the positions are open so you have to keep checking the website. Once you finally apply, it takes about 4 months to get through the system.

Interview Questions

• How do we know the students will be safe in your presence?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

Process now being done from the top (district) down instead of school interview. Good classroom management skills a must. You need to know how to teach in a culturally diverse community like Miami-Dade County. Becoming a temporary teacher (substitute) will get your foot in the door (if you're good at it).

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with students who constantly disrupt the class setting?   1 Answer

Secondary High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

Three interviews. First interview with School Board.
    Next interview was with individual administrators.
    Third interview was with Principal of the school

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the event two students began to fight in your class.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL).

Interview

Since I was hired so long ago, I am not sure how the process is these days. When I applied, I submitted my resume to the human resources. I was then later contacted for a face to face interview. Once I was notified that I was hired, I had to contact individual schools with my resume to see if there were any openings. I then had to interview with individual schools.
    With respect to applying at individual schools, you may do better to contact region offices and ask to speak to someone who is with the area you are interested in. They often have information regarding several schools.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?
      These are always difficult questions to ask as you do not know how the employer wants you to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as it is a set pay scale.