Miami Dade Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Miami Dade Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.3

After School Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

Got hired on spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got minimum wage at the time then got bumped for having ceritifcations

Teacher Interview

Interview

There's no point of becoming a teacher anymore because of the Annual Contact. The Union only protects veteran teachers. Basically, you're given termination notice of your contract ending on June 5th in February. When you're let go, you have to redo your fingerprinting and drug test each year. There's no stability in the teaching profession.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement the new standards into your curriculum?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Homestead, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Homestead, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

The principal was a very nice lady that took teh time to interview me on a one on basis. We were in her office for about an hour, during this time we talked about the reason why i had decided to apply at her school and the the reason why i decided to pursue this career. Later, we talked about the open position and i was explianed what it consisted of.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great!

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami Beach, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a former supervisor regarding an available position within a Miami Dade County Public School. The principal had previously been my grade level chair person for five years. She was in need of hiring three teachers as soon as possible. My interview process was very fast and consisted of a drug test and a quick phone screening. I was asked to start right away!

Interview Questions

• Is your certificate current?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to take a drug test?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in June 2008.

Interview

Met with HR at the School District downtown; completed application and asked questions about college and my certifications. Then the next day went to the school site and met with the Assistant Principal. He asked some softball questions about where I was from, college, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation; union set salary.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

Filled out paperwork, submitted fingerprints, and went to a brief interview and was assigned to a school. Worked at five schools but was only interviewed twice and both times it was the same thing. Only during those two interview was I told were I'd be working in person, the other three schools I just received a letter in the mail saying that this was my new assignment and telling me when to report.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions it was like this is what we need are you willing to do the job?   Answer Question

Secondary Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I meet one on one with principal through a recommendation. He was friendly and upfront and offered job on the spot. He did most of the talking but allowed time for questions and gave background to schools current needs.

Teacher Interview

Interview

Submission of application package and short in-person interview. Once submitted they call you for an interview. It's very simple and just a formality. If you follow directions and instructions then there is nothing to worry about.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple talking through. Why do you want this job? Is it going to be permanent? Do you know the kind of students at that particular school? Simple talking through. Why do you want this job? Is it going to be permanent? Do you know the kind of students at that particular school?

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Never interviewed knew someone. If you don't know anyone ,sub first. Or use teach for America. Just pass the general knowledgeexam and subject area and you are good. I wouldn't stress, most people hate this career. Science an math guaranteed job

Interview Questions

• What do you leave on student work?   1 Answer