Miami Dade Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Miami Dade Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.3

Teaching Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

The process was a bit lengthy as a background check conducted of fingerprints was required and had to request official transcripts. Other than that it was a standard protocol in terms of hiring.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Never interviewed knew someone. If you don't know anyone ,sub first. Or use teach for America. Just pass the general knowledgeexam and subject area and you are good. I wouldn't stress, most people hate this career. Science an math guaranteed job

Interview Questions

• What do you leave on student work?   1 Answer

Uniform Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

They asked about my experience with customers and how to deal with different situations. About office procedures, and if I new about receiving/shipping, inventory, etc. They also asked about my personal life, family, my hobbies and interests. About my last job, why I retired from it, etc. My experience working in Miami Dade County Public Schools is great, I learned a lot about different stages, from basic office procedures to complex scenarios. Since I am a fast learner I could learn anything I needed to do what my employer wanted to accomplish.

Interview Questions

• If I could work weekends and holidays.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple talking through. Why do you want this job? Is it going to be permanent? Do you know the kind of students at that particular school? Simple talking through. Why do you want this job? Is it going to be permanent? Do you know the kind of students at that particular school?

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. There appears to be a shortage of qualified teachers and if you have the educational background, passion and correct mindset then you should do well. Although it may be more challenging to teach, interviewing for at a high-need school may help you secure a job if you are qualified. I do not think competition would be a challenge.

Interview Questions

• What are the qualities of an outstanding teacher?

How would you address the different needs of students in your class?   1 Answer

Social Studies Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

Questions on educational philosophy and behavior management strategies. The different prinicipals described their schools and how they were each unique. It was important to understand the different communities. They also discussed logistics of the school and how the school day worked. There was not as much focus on content knowledge.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL).

Interview

There were three interviews. The first was in the department that was hiring. The second was with a committee of teachers and an administrator who worked at the school. The last interview was with the principal.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student cussed you out?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

Submission of application package and short in-person interview. Once submitted they call you for an interview. It's very simple and just a formality. If you follow directions and instructions then there is nothing to worry about.

School Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Panel interview downtown - way back in the day - 1999. They don't do it that way anymore, for most jobs. All the higher ups sat around a large conference table and asked questions. The school district was very different back then. Student Services was a highly respected and powerful department each campus. We were the heart of the campus. The district has recently started to move back toward that under the leadership of Mr. Moore because of his experience in alternative ed. and his understanding of serving the whole student so they can be "present" and learn while at school. The pendulum is finally swinging back to respect. There is a long way to go still.

After School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I was hired by the Assistant Principal and the person in charge of the After school Program. They alternated while asking my questions. They asked many questions about past jobs and/or what future jobs I am looking into. Don't be late and dress professional. Also make sure you are on the right street , because finding the door for the interview was challenging for me.

Interview Questions

• What steps would I take if a younger child of the opposite sex approaches me and tells me they like me in a physical way .   Answer Question