Miami Dade Public Schools Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

1.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

There were phone calls between myself, the principal, and department chair. They were in need of a last minute hire and I wanted to leave a previous school. I find the discrepancy of resources across schools to be very disheartening.

Interview Questions

• How do you target deficiencies across varying levels of ability?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Miami Dade Public Schools

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. There appears to be a shortage of qualified teachers and if you have the educational background, passion and correct mindset then you should do well. Although it may be more challenging to teach, interviewing for at a high-need school may help you secure a job if you are qualified. I do not think competition would be a challenge.

Interview Questions

• What are the qualities of an outstanding teacher?

How would you address the different needs of students in your class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple talking through. Why do you want this job? Is it going to be permanent? Do you know the kind of students at that particular school? Simple talking through. Why do you want this job? Is it going to be permanent? Do you know the kind of students at that particular school?

Teacher Interview

Interview

Submission of application package and short in-person interview. Once submitted they call you for an interview. It's very simple and just a formality. If you follow directions and instructions then there is nothing to worry about.

Teacher Interview

Interview

There's no point of becoming a teacher anymore because of the Annual Contact. The Union only protects veteran teachers. Basically, you're given termination notice of your contract ending on June 5th in February. When you're let go, you have to redo your fingerprinting and drug test each year. There's no stability in the teaching profession.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement the new standards into your curriculum?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple. You just apply through teacher match and wait to be contacted by principals. Schools will usually contact teachers within a few days to arrange an interview.

Teacher Interview

Interview

Process now being done from the top (district) down instead of school interview. Good classroom management skills a must. You need to know how to teach in a culturally diverse community like Miami-Dade County. Becoming a temporary teacher (substitute) will get your foot in the door (if you're good at it).

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with students who constantly disrupt the class setting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Never interviewed knew someone. If you don't know anyone ,sub first. Or use teach for America. Just pass the general knowledgeexam and subject area and you are good. I wouldn't stress, most people hate this career. Science an math guaranteed job

Interview Questions

• What do you leave on student work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL).

Interview

Since I was hired so long ago, I am not sure how the process is these days. When I applied, I submitted my resume to the human resources. I was then later contacted for a face to face interview. Once I was notified that I was hired, I had to contact individual schools with my resume to see if there were any openings. I then had to interview with individual schools.
    With respect to applying at individual schools, you may do better to contact region offices and ask to speak to someone who is with the area you are interested in. They often have information regarding several schools.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?
      These are always difficult questions to ask as you do not know how the employer wants you to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as it is a set pay scale.

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami Beach, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a former supervisor regarding an available position within a Miami Dade County Public School. The principal had previously been my grade level chair person for five years. She was in need of hiring three teachers as soon as possible. My interview process was very fast and consisted of a drug test and a quick phone screening. I was asked to start right away!

Interview Questions

• Is your certificate current?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to take a drug test?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent