Miami University Interview Questions in Oxford, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.3

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was haphazard and the participants acted like the position had already been filled. It was a waste of my time. The main contact didn't even take time to see me out the door. The department head acted like he was being bothered with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What operating systems are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round is a two on one interview with a current RA and hall director. Second round is a group interview in which you are placed in various scenarios and required to find solutions to problems. You must show that you are able to work with others well while also doing what's best for your residents and yourself.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out your coworker was keeping the alcohol he confiscated from his residents?   Answer Question

Student Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Cover letter and resume handed in, then talked to building manager and answered a few simple questions. Mostly regarding leadership and management skills. Example: Situation A...you respond with reaction X

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you dealt with a difficult employee. How did you handle it? Was it a success or failure? What could you have done differently?   Answer Question

Event Production Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

One interview with your basic interview questions, nothing too confusing or intense, I felt very comfortable and welcomed. Got a call about a week or two later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you lead a team? Have you ever had to deal with an underperforming team member? If so, how did you handle it? etc.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It took a very long time to get an interview. I applied online and then it took months to be contacted for an interview. The experience was overall positive, I met with several groups of people. It took most of the day. They ask many of the same questions in different ways.

Interview Questions

• The interview focused on how my skills, education and experience could contribute to their mission. Do your research, you will need to know about their mission and vision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Student Government Cabinet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

This is an elected role, you must give a 3-minute presentation to student government senators. They then vote on who should get the position once they have heard each person's presentation.

Building Services Student Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

My current boss Mike, emailed me about 11 months after I had initially applied and met him the next week, had a 2 minute interview and he hired me on the spot. There aren't more than 5 or 6 student managers needed at any given time and due to that I had to wait for a spot to open up which is why it took me almost a year to go from applied to hired.

Student Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process didn't take more than five minutes. We just reviewed if I had any days that I missed work, how much effort I put forth every day I came in, etc. It was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      Why do you want to be a student manager?
      Answer Question

Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, Phone interview then an on campus. Great experience! Would recommend this employer. Very transparent throughout the process. I was never left confused on not sure what was next.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Very comfortable process, more of a conversation than an interview. They really take the time to get to know you and ask what you want to get out of the internship.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to get out of this experience?/What do you want to be involved with?   Answer Question