Michael Baker International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michael Baker International Interview Questions

2.4

Architectural Designer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call about 2 days later. Contacted me about a week later for an in-person interview. It was pretty straight forward, fairly casual. Questions about my experience with difference Architecture programs (Revit, Sketchup,AutoCad). Got a call a few days later to see how I flt the interview went. Hear from the recruiter every now and then to say the process is still ongoing. Been going on for a few months.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Phila, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR. The rep asked me a couple of questions regarding my resume and areas of expertise. He said he would follow up either way. This came about from an online resume/cover submitted through indeed. I felt like I was respected by the HR rep. It gives me a good impression of the company Michael Baker Intl.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about site work, geotechnical? Do you have experience with prime contractors, (he meant, MEP contractors)   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Sloppy. Local HR rep was nice to coordinate with, but the original HR coord. in Arizona missed the day we were supposed to speak. The in-person interview was odd. Met with new hiring manager who just moved here from California, who was more interested in speaking about herself. Passed on to a would-be colleague is was more interested in bragging about how long he and his family have been at Michael Baker. Then was asked to do a test and take home assignment, which meant free work done by a job candidate for the company. Especially after doing this, bad on the company's part to offer no response to my thank you e-mails, yet send a standard rejection email two months later. I know of two other people who went after the same job in this department, and both had negative comments about the encounter.

Interview Questions

Michael Baker International Response

Jan 15, 2016 – Lead Recruiter

Hiring great people is one of the most important things we do. For this particular role, writing is a core and essential job function and therefore candidates were required to complete a writing ... More

GIT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Newark, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through Indeed, received a phone call few days later from the HR department. Then got set up for an interview with the hiring manager ( stated needed to interview 2 more people) which was very positive. Then a month later HR lady contacted me saying I wasn't good enough for the job. Hiring manager said I was over qualified for the position and that typically they were not looking for someone with a BA degree for the role because it was more of an Administrative Assistant position, that threw me off. I also had the feeling that they were trying to low ball me with the salary because I was exited for the job and was flexible with the salary offer but they just kept going lower and lower. A position that typically pays roughly around 55K they were low balling me with 30k.

Entry Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Asked me to elaborate everything on my resume. Asked especially what I did in the research project and focused on the technical details. Asked if I have EIT and when did I get it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you encountered a problem and how you solved it。   Answer Question

Civil Designer III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Baker International in August 2015.

Interview

Actually it was a waste of time. First interview with the direction went very well wanted me to come back for a cad test with one of the Pm there. Recruiter insisted for me not to cancel. I went to take the test A's the test simple line work. I actually found mistakes on the final map they gave me to do. I presented this mistakes to the pm apparently you got upset. None professional what so ever.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michael Baker International in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was casual and went very well. Talked a lot about past projects and my education and not many "traditional interview stumpers".

Was told I would receive a response one way or another. Sent a thank you and follow up emails and nobody contacted me again. I was very polite and not pushy so I found this to be surprising. Not a positive experience, overall.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michael Baker International in June 2015.

Interview

The initial communication and interviews were great. I had 1 phone interview and 2 in person interviews in the span of 3 weeks. But over 3 months later, I had yet to receive communication indicating my status one way or another, despite requests for updates.

The interviews with the company themselves went well and were more conversational.

Urban Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michael Baker International.

Interview

This was a phone interview where we mostly ran though my resume and cover letter and the specific qualifications of the position. There was time for me to ask questions and clarify aspects of the appointment that were not clear in the job posting. The whole process took less than an hour and flowed more like a conversation than a traditional interview. Over all, it was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Explain relevant Hazard mitigation planning experience   Answer Question

Map Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Alexandria, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

We discussed the history of the company, duties, typical work day, hours, etc. She asked fairly simple questions. It was a really casual environment and everyone seemed pretty nice for the most part.