Michael Baker International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Civil Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Baker International.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the a Project Manager and a few weeks later was invited to an in person interview with Office Manager as well as a few other Project Managers.Overall, process was fairly simple but took awhile which i suppose is standard for a large corporation such as MBI. Fairly straight forward questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, why do I want to work at Michael Baker? What do I like/dislike about my job?   Answer Question

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michael Baker International in February 2017.

Interview

Talked with recruiter out of Virginia, nice guy asked a lot of basic questions. Wanted to know about past recruiting experience. Very much a get to know you type of phone call. Wanted to know direct recruiting experience in terms of years.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the challenges you face when recruiting?   1 Answer

Architectural Designer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call about 2 days later. Contacted me about a week later for an in-person interview. It was pretty straight forward, fairly casual. Questions about my experience with difference Architecture programs (Revit, Sketchup,AutoCad). Got a call a few days later to see how I flt the interview went. Hear from the recruiter every now and then to say the process is still ongoing. Been going on for a few months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Baker International.

Interview

I applied online, followed by an HR phone screening about 3 weeks later. Phone interview with Hiring Manager(s) 2 weeks later. Face to face group interview - this step may take some time, because managers are not in the regional offices. The process took about 8 weeks from application to final interview.

Intern II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Cary, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Just went over what Michael and Baker does and what the company entails, and then went over how I would fit in to the company and what skills might I bring

Interview Questions

• Potential classes that could go along with their certain fields and job experiences.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Phila, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR. The rep asked me a couple of questions regarding my resume and areas of expertise. He said he would follow up either way. This came about from an online resume/cover submitted through indeed. I felt like I was respected by the HR rep. It gives me a good impression of the company Michael Baker Intl.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about site work, geotechnical? Do you have experience with prime contractors, (he meant, MEP contractors)   1 Answer

Structures Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

A group of employees spoke with me about myself and how I had got to where I was. They were very easy going and just wanted to know what types of experience I had that was applicable to engineering knowledge, as well as general leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• What role do you typically play in a project? And how did they affect your working relationship with your partners?   Answer Question

Civil Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

There is a phone interview with HR recruiter in the afternoon, less than 25 mins with basics interview questions. Result delivered within two weeks with well prepared HR package.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Sloppy. Local HR rep was nice to coordinate with, but the original HR coord. in Arizona missed the day we were supposed to speak. The in-person interview was odd. Met with new hiring manager who just moved here from California, who was more interested in speaking about herself. Passed on to a would-be colleague is was more interested in bragging about how long he and his family have been at Michael Baker. Then was asked to do a test and take home assignment, which meant free work done by a job candidate for the company. Especially after doing this, bad on the company's part to offer no response to my thank you e-mails, yet send a standard rejection email two months later. I know of two other people who went after the same job in this department, and both had negative comments about the encounter.

Interview Questions

Michael Baker International Response

Jan 15, 2016 – Lead Recruiter

Hiring great people is one of the most important things we do. For this particular role, writing is a core and essential job function and therefore candidates were required to complete a writing... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Hamilton, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I reached out through a recruiter, who responded after a couple weeks saying managers wanted to meet me. I went in for about an hour and it was a fairly easy chat where I talked about what I was studying and what I wanted to do. Not very scrupulous, and while I think I was a great candidate, there are other people who made it through that I'm not so sure about, so maybe they should be a bit more rigid.