Michael Kors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michael Kors (New York, NY).

Interview

First had a phone call with HR to talk about my background. Then got passed through to a Skype with the person in the department I was applying to intern for. Incredibly easy interview, just know what's on your resume and be able to talk about your experiences and tell a story.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview

Was recruited at college mid week. I was set up for a short group interview with the store manager and two other applicants the following Friday. Asked about job experience and our sense of fashion. Felt like more of a conversation than an interview. Got a call the next day that I got the job and was required at the Jet Set meeting the following morning.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

easy and typical questions about how you'd perform in a sales and fast paced environment customer service driven. they are interested in bringing people on to the team that are passionate about the brand and wanting to provide great customer service.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Southlake, TX).

Interview

Recruited by assistant store manager while shopping in the MK lifestyle store. Gave me an application and signed off that she personally recommended me. I completed the application and delivered it in person with my resume. Store manager called me a few days later- set up in person interview. First part of interview 1:1 with store manager answering questions.. getting to know one another. Second part was interactional... you interact with real customers to demonstrate your sales ability. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Michael kors as a brand?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and soon called a few days for the status of my application. Scheduled a interview for the upcoming week. The first interview was a group interview very casual and didn't feel forced at all. Interview was no longer that 25 minutes. By the time I reached my car leaving the interview I received a call for my second interview. Showed up to the store for my second interview which was supposed to be the interactive interview and the hiring manager didn't even know I was supposed to be there that day. First red flag of unprofessionalism with this store. Instead of doing my interactive interview I just had a one on one interview with the hiring manager which lasted no more than 5 minutes. Three days later I was called by the hiring manager to reschedule my interactive interview. I showed up for my interactive interview and of course the person who was interviewing me was about 10 minutes late. Finally starting my final interview which was the interactive portion where I pretty much pretended like as if I was already an employee at the store. I had an amazing couple from out of the country who helped my interactive portion be very easy and smooth. During my interview I sold a watch and two purses. The interactive interview lasted about 45 minutes. After I was brought to the back and was explained how it would take up to two weeks to hear something back from the store about if I will be offered for the position. In total I have been going through the hiring process with MK for about a month. After waiting nearly two weeks I still haven't received any calls or updates regarding being hired or letting me know if they are reviewing other candidates. I have called the store multiple times and have been running in circles when it comes down to knowing if I have been offered a position. Advice to anyone that is going through the hiring process or thinking about applying DO NOT depend on this company for a job even if they tell you they will be calling you back about being hired. The process for this company is extremely extensive and a job is not guaranteed in the end. I would tell you continue to apply at other companies because this company will leave you out to dry majority during the whole process.

Interview Questions

Michael Kors Response

Jun 2, 2017 – Global TA Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Michael Kors. We will review the information provided and make changes as appropriate. Michael Kors Human Resources

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

You had to discuss what interest you in the position and express why you felt you would do well in that position. You had to have a passion for fashion and be able to exude that passion verbally and be open to talking to people from all walks of life. Never judge

Store Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiter called me at 7pm when I was in the process of putting my twin infants to bed (not an easy process). She asked if it was a bad time, and when I asked if I could return her call in 20 minutes, she stated that it was fine. I did exactly that, but she didn't answer. I left a message and she never called back. Very disappointing. What recruiter calls at 7pm?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview

brief phone interview where the store manage4r asked me a few questions about myself. Then I had a one on one interview with her. Some might have to do an interactive interview. They have you come in and see how you would be on the floor interacting with customers

Sales/Stock Interview

Interview

When I sent them my resume they responded within a matter of hours wanting to meet me right away, but when I came in for the interview they rejected me outright based on my appearance. And it was made very clear that was the reason I was unfit. The interview lasted maybe five minutes because they just had no interest in talking to me after they saw me even though I was actually extremely overqualified for the positions being discussed (I was an ASM previously). Was supposed to be a group interview but I guess I was pulled aside to be told I didn't qualify so don't bother. My attire seemed to be an issue as well (she kept stressing their dress code) although I was wearing a nice, simple, classy outfit that seemed to fit with the styles offered. I am always well-groomed and well-dressed and have worked in other nice stores where my looks and style were never brought into question, so I was pretty turned off by the whole experience.

Interview Questions

Michael Kors Response

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I went in there, and it seems they were pretty disorganized. I waited about 10 minutes and the store manager took me in the back room. She asked me questions about myself, what my plans for the future were and what made me want to work for Michael Kors. The manager seems pretty enthusiastic and engaging. In the end, she said she'll get in touch with me for a second interview (which is an interactive interview that involves picking out clothes for customers), so will see if she actually gets back to me on that. However, the entire interview went pretty smooth and the questions were fair.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Describe your past retail experience.
      2.) Do you go to school, if so what's your major?
      3.) Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      4.) What do you know about Michael Kors? - I talked about when the company was established, the history of Michael Kors (briefly) and What stores first hold the products.
      5.) What's your availability like?
      6.) Where do you get your style advice from?
      ------
      Also, make sure to follow the current trends (you'll need it for the second interview).   Answer Question