Michael Kors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Construction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michael Kors (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I was early in the interviewing process and I had a quick phone interview. I then had a one on one interview with the Vice President I would be working under. It is a small team and this roll is a key add working for her.

After a while I was notified by the contact in HR that a more suitable candidate with more experience was found, but it was from an email directly from the HR representative before the systems automated email arrived in my inbox.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience with construction of stores in the field   Answer Question

Corporate Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview

Very easy going. Just be as prepared as you would for any other position. If I had one piece of advice make sure you show your passion. MK is a good company. Good luck!

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview

Initial contact was made via recruiter. First interview was with human resource manager and was very high level. Human resources knew minimal details about position. Found out via recruiter that salary potential was moderate and didn't pursue further.

Salary too low.

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Atlantic City, NJ) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview process ran very smoothly. I elected for a phone interview which went very well. Later that same day I was called backed and offer a job and we talked salaries.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   1 Answer
    • Are you a jet setter?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy. I over asked by a little bit but they closely met my number. Also they extra bonus of commission is beyond gracious. All in all a good income for a fashionista.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview

Easy interview if you know what you are talking about. Sales and customer service is the main topics and team building with management is also a plus if you are applying for a higher position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

The recruiters waste future candidates time! Wanted to FaceTime or Skype interview. This is a retail job you work with real people face to face and I found it prosperous as a retail store company to interview this format discrimination against candidates that may not have access to these resources instead of calling them and setting up a 1 on 1 interview like most company's. No personal touch or connection and first impression are everything!

Interview Questions

• Never got there I lost interest with the poor response I received   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Met the DM FACE TO FACE. She talked about herself and the company. I left dreading working there but needed the job.
    Then onto the floor to sell at another time. Then skype interview then another DM interview/ then a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of bla bla bla and talk your numbers. Who can you bring to the store from your contacts?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview

Met with Store Manager for in-person interview. Was then set up for phone interview with DM which went very well. Was told I would skip the interview with her boss due to over-qualification and was set up for an in-store screening where only another Assistant Manager was present, who told me I did well. Was communicated with very informally by Store Manager throughout process. I was informed she would contact me the following day of the third interview and was never contacted. It was very strange as we had established somewhat of a relationship at this point. Moreover, it is a poor reflection on the business not to follow up with contact in promised time frames, and as an elevated member of management one should be able to have such a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What type of metrics do you track at your current job ?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

They were very interested in me as a person and my previous experience. They did a trial and saw hoe i integrated with the team. They talked about the brand and products.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a disgruntled customer?   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michael Kors in April 2014.

Interview

Extremely pleasant and upbeat throughout the whole interview process. They are blunt but don't lead you to think you'll be given something higher than what you actually are.

I didn't have any issues with waiting around and hearing back from them. The whole process was a lot faster than I thought it would be for such a high end store with lots of applicants.