Michael Kors Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.5

136 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick and easy. Brief unexpected simple and sweet phone interview on the spot day after application and met in person the next day. It was my first group interview of 5. Went rather quickly

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michael Kors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Corpus Christi, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview went good and the manager was very nice and we got along well. I almost thought I was going to get a call back since we got along so well, but I knew they did not hire me because of the way I look. They are super strict as to how their associates look such as wearing the trends, which is currently dresses and heels. You also can not have long nails or have them any color only nude and she told me I would have to trim mine. You
    also cant have unnatural colored hair. To me this company seems to have a sexist and superficial dress code especially regarding to how women are supposed to look. Just beware of how you must appear.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

easy and typical questions about how you'd perform in a sales and fast paced environment customer service driven. they are interested in bringing people on to the team that are passionate about the brand and wanting to provide great customer service.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Southlake, TX).

Interview

Recruited by assistant store manager while shopping in the MK lifestyle store. Gave me an application and signed off that she personally recommended me. I completed the application and delivered it in person with my resume. Store manager called me a few days later- set up in person interview. First part of interview 1:1 with store manager answering questions.. getting to know one another. Second part was interactional... you interact with real customers to demonstrate your sales ability. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Michael kors as a brand?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview

brief phone interview where the store manage4r asked me a few questions about myself. Then I had a one on one interview with her. Some might have to do an interactive interview. They have you come in and see how you would be on the floor interacting with customers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I went in there, and it seems they were pretty disorganized. I waited about 10 minutes and the store manager took me in the back room. She asked me questions about myself, what my plans for the future were and what made me want to work for Michael Kors. The manager seems pretty enthusiastic and engaging. In the end, she said she'll get in touch with me for a second interview (which is an interactive interview that involves picking out clothes for customers), so will see if she actually gets back to me on that. However, the entire interview went pretty smooth and the questions were fair.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Describe your past retail experience.
      2.) Do you go to school, if so what's your major?
      3.) Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      4.) What do you know about Michael Kors? - I talked about when the company was established, the history of Michael Kors (briefly) and What stores first hold the products.
      5.) What's your availability like?
      6.) Where do you get your style advice from?
      ------
      Also, make sure to follow the current trends (you'll need it for the second interview).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Skokie, IL).

Interview

The interview was really easy. They sat me down with another candidate and asked us the interview questions. They hired both of us on the spot and we filled out the paper work.

I honestly think that you can find a better paying job elsewhere but if you REALLY want it to be Michael Kors then come prepared when you ask for a job application and when you turn it in. If the manager is there and free, they usually screen you and ask you some quick questions about your experience and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe Michael Kors in a nut shell.
      2. Why Michael Kors?
      3. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
      4. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
      5. Tell me about yourself.
      They also give you a scenario and you have to piece an outfit with accessories according to the scenario that they give you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michael Kors in February 2017.

Interview

I went into the store to ask if they were hiring. I already knew that they were I just wanted to show them who I was and personally introduce myself rather than respond to an online add. I met the store manager and she pulled me aside to ask about my work experience, was I going to school, what was my availability etc. she set up an interview time right then. When I came in for the interview we sat outside on some patio furniture (it was an outdoor mall) this isn't out of the ordinary as I've worked in a mall environment before and they usually conduct interviews in the hall or food court. The first part of the interview was just getting to know me and my work experience, basic interview questions. The second part I was told to dress for 2 different scenarios, a cruise and a date. I went through the store found clothes I would wear and paired it with accessories and a bag. The third part was role playing and selling to the manager as if she was a customer. It was actually all really fun and the girls at the store were so friendly. The manager was warm and made you feel comfortable. By far the best interview I think I've ever had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I already knew what the pay was like from doing research online and I was comfortable with the amount so I didn't try to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michael Kors (New Orleans, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview is one on one with the hiring manager. At a nearby coffee shop. Normal interview questions to get a feel for the person I was .

Second interview is a run in the store pick out items for potential customers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michael Kors (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

She took me to the back and only asked me questions about my previous work experience. She asked relevant questions that were related to some of the same things that they do in Michael Kors. I thought it was a pretty good interview and it sounded like she was giving me the job but then she asked me to stay to work an hour right then and there. No paper work, no hourly wage discussion, nothing. She just wanted me to work an hour for free. It caught me off guard and I told her I could do it another day. When that day came I thought it over and realized she was probably just taking advantage. I told her I couldn't go in for that hour. Her response to this was just to give her a call when I was ready for the job. This is the most bizarre interview process I have had with any company and thought it was extremely unprofessional. If working for an hour for free is part of her regular hiring process, corporate needs to do a better job of supervising its managers.

Interview Questions

Michael Kors Response

Jun 2, 2017 – Global TA Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Michael Kors. We will review the information provided and make changes as appropriate.

Michael Kors Human Resources