Michaels Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Michaels

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels (Cleveland, OH) in November 2018.

Interview

Basically asked about why I wanted to work there, how long I have working with customers, etc. It was 30 minutes and hired on the spot. The manager didn't even know she had an interview with me, which I thought was really weird. The interview took place in the party room with glitter all over the tables and chairs, which isn't a shock since it is a craft store.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels (Hoover, AL) in December 2018.

Interview

Had to call in order to get an interview set up for the following weekend. Was interview 1-1 in the back room with the store manager and then the positioning manager. There's was no job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels (Houston, TX).

Interview

None! Was hired on the spot, that should have been a red flag. They were desperate for people, and I was desperate for a job. However, it took almost more than two weeks for the background check to be completed.

Interview Questions

• No questions, just told me the duties of the job, their expectations, and asked if I wanted the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels (Toledo, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

Very brief and simple. Straight to the point, asked everything that you’d expect, nothing out of the ordinary. Walked in, found an associate that helped me on where to go, then sat with the store manager.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very casual and conversational. A lot of the interview was just them explaining what the job entails. They asked some standard interview questions and wanted to make sure I could handle the stress of a customer service job.

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels (Palmdale, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I was told to come in on a weekday and it took about 45 minutes. Nothing to long. The interview was one on one. Asked a few question of hobbies. Also got asked what Michaels stands for, for me. Easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels (Tinley Park, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and waited one week to call the store and ask for an interview. Went in for one interview with both head managers, and got hired on shortly after once my background check was over.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What made you apply to Michaels?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels (Bedford, NH) in November 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with a different manager than I spoke with on the phone, so I was a little caught off guard. He was very straightforward and we just had a casual conversation. My interview lasted less than five minutes. He offered the job to me on the spot. I applied for seasonal help and they kept me, but they will hire almost everyone for seasonal help.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

It was pretty short, and I was hired on the spot. It seemed as though they were more concerned about my availability, and a good personality. I did have to call a week after I applied online to "check the status of my application," and they returned my call and offered me an interview. I worked there for a year and loved it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels (Union, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later, set up an interview for a week later. Came in, had to wait a while for the manager. The interview was easy, simple questions, pretty relaxed. Was told they were interviewing about 20-25 people that week, but that I have a good personality for the store and have a good chance at cashier/floor sales associate, and that they will let everyone know on that Friday. Guess I should have double checked if they will actually let EVERYONE know or only those they want because it is now Tuesday afternoon and I'm beginning to question whether the interview even happened or if it was my imagination.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an impatient customer when there is a long line at checkout?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when things did not go according to plan and how you handled it.   Answer Question