Michaels Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call about 2/3 days later.... scheduled an interview for the following week.
Walked in and asked for the manager. He came up front, introduced himself and walked me back to one of the classrooms. The interview literally took less than 15 minutes, he offered me the job on the spot. Asked me very few questions....we mostly just had a relaxed conversation. He commented that he liked my upbeat attitude and friendly smile.

Interview Questions

• Scale of 1-10. How weird are you?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The personal was great, they made me feel comfortable. Asked me about prior employment, experience, if I am bilingual and of course I said yes I'm bilingual I'm fluent in Spanish. They also asked about cashier experience and customer service.

Interview Questions

• Experience in cashiering? Experience in customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Simple. Asst mngr was nice. Everything was simple. We sar down began to talk he asked questiins about my work expreincr and told me i will need to wear comfortable tennis shoes and that he'd call me with my schedule. He called me a few hours later and i started working that following thursday.

Interview Questions

• Where else have i worked that would relate to this job.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position at the end of May and they called me within a week, they called me on a Saturday and I had an interview on a Sunday. So when I got to the interview, the assistant manager was the one I interviewed with and she was really laid back and nice, she only asked me like two questions and explained the policy's and what the job was like, and I was offered the job on the spot. And it was only like a 15 minute interview

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. What would you previous supervisor say about you if we called and asked.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Raleigh, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I took an online application which took about a week and a half before they called me. I was scheduled for the last Friday of spring break. The guy spoke to me about getting emails, hygiene, cleaning the store, and all that jazz. He also confirmed my name, email, phone number, availability, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with people and customer service?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Filled out the online application plus a questionnaire. Honestly, that took longer than the interview because some of the questions were really oddly phrased.

I didn't get asked a whole lot of questions. It lasted about 15 mins. The manager was friendly, and very welcoming. I got the sense that they were hiring more based on personality than answers to the questions. Probably varies store to store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. They told me the hourly rate for cashiers was set and not up for negotiating.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

They make you fill out an online application that has a personality and IQ test. It wasn't much of an interview really. They gave me a customer scenario and asked what I would do. Then just asked about my availability and when I could start

Interview Questions

• For our returns we require proof of identification. How would you handle a customer who was unhappy with our policy and refused to give identification?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

Well , to me it was quick and easy. I worked at the one in brown deer and when i went to my interview they asked me plenty question but ask i was trying to talk they keep cutting me off and asnweing my questions for me me.. You'll have two interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you get alone with other?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't be nervous

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Pensacola, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

They were not very informative about benefits. They were not very flexible with scheduling. Interview was very short. It was difficult to follow up with the interviewer after the inter process.

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Grandville, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I Applied online for the position and took a Personality test. Got a call next day for an interview in person with the manager, asked few questions ( the interview was about 15 minutes long). I got an offer couple hours after my interview in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't negotiation for the position.