Michaels Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

1.7

108 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very laid back, we went to the break room and just chatted about my experience and interests. She asked about what I liked doing in my free time, why i wanted to work there, and my plans for the future.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an artistic background?   1 Answer
  • Do you have experience handling money   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Looking over any experience or skills available. Went over schedule and what times you are available. Also discussing amount you want to be paid and what they will actually pay you.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work certain hours.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Wesley Chapel, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

i applied online and they called a week later, we set up a time were i would be able to come in. After that i went in asked for the manager, we walked to the back, she sat me down asked me about my day, etc. it was a very nice interview, then again i could just have be lucky.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer
    • what are you skills?   1 Answer
    • do you draw/paint/mold/ETC?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in December 2016.

Interview

the process was quick and easy. I was asked a few questions about customer service, why i wanted to work there and that was pretty much it and then I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Went in and manager interview me one on one ask me several questions why I wanted to work there and if I had any hobbies manager seem nice very outgoing friendly

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in being a cashier   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

Sat down in a back room and talked for about 10 minutes about my personality and what I would be able to offer the company. Immediately left with a job offer and I accepted. Didnt ask many questions, very easy to get hired.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call about 2/3 days later.... scheduled an interview for the following week.
    Walked in and asked for the manager. He came up front, introduced himself and walked me back to one of the classrooms. The interview literally took less than 15 minutes, he offered me the job on the spot. Asked me very few questions....we mostly just had a relaxed conversation. He commented that he liked my upbeat attitude and friendly smile.

Interview Questions

• Scale of 1-10. How weird are you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The personal was great, they made me feel comfortable. Asked me about prior employment, experience, if I am bilingual and of course I said yes I'm bilingual I'm fluent in Spanish. They also asked about cashier experience and customer service.

Interview Questions

• Experience in cashiering? Experience in customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Simple. Asst mngr was nice. Everything was simple. We sar down began to talk he asked questiins about my work expreincr and told me i will need to wear comfortable tennis shoes and that he'd call me with my schedule. He called me a few hours later and i started working that following thursday.

Interview Questions

• Where else have i worked that would relate to this job.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position at the end of May and they called me within a week, they called me on a Saturday and I had an interview on a Sunday. So when I got to the interview, the assistant manager was the one I interviewed with and she was really laid back and nice, she only asked me like two questions and explained the policy's and what the job was like, and I was offered the job on the spot. And it was only like a 15 minute interview

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. What would you previous supervisor say about you if we called and asked.   Answer Question