Michaels Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

1.7

119 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. They ask about skills, and crafts you know how to do. They usually want cheerful people so you cant walk in with a negative or impassive attitude. They want you to be engaging.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any failures you wish you could change?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Very brief, informal. The usual. Spoke briefly with hiring manager at store site. Not very in-depth due to fact it was for a seasonal PT position. Hiring/ store manager was professional and polite.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

It was an extremely quick interview. They just asked me to sell them a pen to see if I could sell items, and they also asked about my school schedule. I got a call a few days later to say I'd been hired.

Interview Questions

• They asked me one time I'd gone above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Abington, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then about two weeks later I received a phone call from the store that I applied to and I was asked to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview and was directed into a secluded room and had a very easy interview process and was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (West Fargo, ND) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online very early in the morning. I received a call the next day. I missed the call. When I called back, I was told the person who'd called me to set up an interview was currently in an interview and would call me back later. It was several hours before someone called me back. We set up an interview for the next morning.

I went in half an hour early, and I was told to walk around a bit while they had a meeting. It was half an hour past when the interview was scheduled for when I was finally called up over the intercom.

The interview took about 10 or 15 minutes. At the end, I was told I'd get a call and a job offer, or an email if I were rejected.

I received an email two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are two of your strengths, and what are two of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Name a place (restaurant, store, etc.) you continue going back to. Why do you continue going there?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very laid back, we went to the break room and just chatted about my experience and interests. She asked about what I liked doing in my free time, why i wanted to work there, and my plans for the future.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an artistic background?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience handling money   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Westminster, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and did one interview in the store. The managers who interviewed me were very kind, and the interview itself was more informal and conversational. I received a call within two days offering me a position.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Looking over any experience or skills available. Went over schedule and what times you are available. Also discussing amount you want to be paid and what they will actually pay you.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work certain hours.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Wesley Chapel, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

i applied online and they called a week later, we set up a time were i would be able to come in. After that i went in asked for the manager, we walked to the back, she sat me down asked me about my day, etc. it was a very nice interview, then again i could just have be lucky.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer
    • what are you skills?   1 Answer
    • do you draw/paint/mold/ETC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called and asked if I was interested in working there, of course, I go and and chat with the hiring manager. Was asked some basic questions about my job and education history, if my transportation was reliable, if I was reliable. One thing that was stressed was if I was the sort of employee who could act when needed, had a sense of urgency to me to get the job done as fast as possible for whatever I was requested to do. Overall it didn't feel too stressful, I think they look for people with a great attitude and work ethic, and being called in to cover a shift helps with your sort of tenure as well.