Michaels Stores Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

1.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Early Morning Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I scheduled the interview and on that day arrived on time. I notified the checker that I had an interview. I was sent to a waiting room. It took a very, very long time for the manager to show up. I waited for over 15 minutes. It did not help either, because I ended getting more nervous and I even thought of leaving after 20 minutes passed. Finally, the manager showed up. The interview was very quick! It only took about 5-8 minutes and then it was done. She told me she would send me the background check. I saw that it said in the email if I passed the background check, they would then offer me the job. I authorized the background. Several weeks later since I authorized the background check and I have heard nothing since. I figure they must've found someone more qualified to do the stocker job. I won't be applying for Michaels again, waste of time. I still have no idea what they thought of me.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Niles, IL).

Interview

Easy interview, just asked if I had any experience and when I could work. Does require early hours which I was fine with. Other basic interview questions such as if you worked well in a group and such

Presentation Replenishment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chicago Ridge, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was incredibly boring and long, but more so because of the manager. Even though I got the position, the store manager barely had time to make the call backs to actually get people hired. I had to call back the next week and the week after to hear back about pay, which turned out to be a lie that with all my experience he could only hire me in at a certain rate.

Interview Questions

• You have time limits on setting planograms, which are achievable (come to find out no they are not, expect many problems and not having fixtures you need), can you work quickly?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Joliet, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

one on one interview with associate manager,no stress, no difficult interview questions.Only concern was availability to work.I got the impression that the actual store manager assigned the process over to the assistant manager--he was in the store at the time of the interview but wasn't involved with any of the process.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work Thanksgiving evening?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked to be able to work with my present employer and keep the minimal hours I have with them.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Relatively simple with quick communication. Had to come into the store for an interview after a phone call and was asked a few basic questions by their store manager. I also had to provide past work references, who I believe she contacted after I had left. There weren't many hard requirements for the job and the turnaround time was not long.

Interview Questions

Decided to take another job with better pay.

Framing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very informal, had some small talk before to loosen the mood. Great experience. Questions were very laid back, but were definitely good questions to ask. Got to take a tour of the frame shop and really get a feel for the work environment before I took the job. My overall experience was a great one, Michael's was by far the best interview I had when applying for jobs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation, but i was only looking for minimum wage and got over a dollar over it, so i didnt even go for it.

Certified Custom Framer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

A couple weeks after I applied they contacted me for an interview. I came in a few minutes early and waited another 25. The interview lasted less than five minutes and neither of the two interviewers asked me another question beyond "so tell us a little bit about yourself".

Apparently the fact that I came in on time and seemed willing and responsible was enough for them, they didn't really need to hear much more. It seemed that they really just want someone who shows up, everything else can be taught.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Aurora, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Was short and seemed more like a chat over tea. No questions regarding job. Manger doing interviews was fired 3 weeks later. Shoddy practices at a shoddy company I am very disappointed

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Niles, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

very quick and informal. I got a call back after three days of finishing their lengthy onnline employment survey and was told to wait for the manager by a cashier. I stood for a good 7 minutes before being greeted by the most boring suburban looking man with a quick handshake. I was nervous but it was over fast, he asked why I am no longer employed at my previous job, about my hours, made sure I knew i was seasonal. Smiled only once. He seemed super rushed.

Interview Questions

• So, why don't you work for _____ anymore? You put down new management, what happened?   1 Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very brief, they did a background check, but no drug test. It was extremely easy to get the position with no experience required. I had to do the forms, and watch a couple of videos about the company and then I started the very next day. This is a good job for a high school student.