Michaels Stores Customer Experience Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I interviewed with both the district manager and the store manager and both were quite easy going. I initially applied for a different position, but became interested in this one halfway through the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Rutland, VT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Rutland, VT).

Interview

It was a very long process. I had my initial essay turned in and then it took about 2 months with 5 interviews before I got the job. The interviews were about average and everyone I spoke with over the phone were very nice! It was a very pleasant process other then the length.

Interview Questions

• What changes would I make in the store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The base pay that they started me with was quite a big raise from what I was paid before.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

The application process was a bit over the top taking quite a bit of time to answer all the questions. The questions you are asked during the interview correspond with how you answered your questions in the personality application. The questions after the personality ones were pretty standard asking if you are open to work closing or early morning shift (the store opens at 9am but you can be scheduled to be there as early as 5am).

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you received over the top customer service that made a business stand out to you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

If your positive and available....you pretty much have the job. Keep a good outlook and your foots in the front door!

Interview Questions

• Do you sell furniture? REALLY?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple and understanding

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (League City, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

We use PeopleAnswers to hire and to change former employees to re-hire or not. There is generally only one interview that you must go through unless you sore being interviewed for a higher up position in the company such as assistant store manager or higher. If that is the case, the store manager and district manager will both interview you. Training is not very thorough. You learn most of your job through trial and error.

Interview Questions

• We generally ask why you would want to work for a craft store, and what hoodies you have. Please refrain from saying, "Yeah I like painting and sketching sometimes." We want to hear from passionate fine art people. If you paint, what type of medium do you like to use the most, or what do you find most difficult about it. Same as sketching, pastels, charcoal, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not too much negotiation to really discuss. Pay is generally based on experience. Do your research on the store and reviews before you pick which store manager you would like to work under, and be very specific about your availability.

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2013.

Interview

Basic questions...nothing special. Although I asked a few questions that seemed to just fly over the DM"s head. I felt I was far more prepared for the interview than he was. I applied internally and was given an interview 2 weeks out as were all the other applicants. I was a cashier for one year before this opportunity became available. From what I hear though, external candidates have a bit of a longer of a process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer complaint...
      How would you handle an employee who was not meeting goals...
      Tell about a time when you received great customer service..
      Tell about a time when you received bad customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Aventura, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I sat down with the store manager she asked me a couple questions then I came back and spoke with the district manager. With the DM it was very nice and he made the whole experience a good one. But honestly with the store manager she seemed as if she was trying to scare me about the job. Saying that it's a lot of work. Although it is I don't believe it was appropriate. I am not sure how it is at other michaels.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst experience you've had with a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Woodland, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process was extremely easy.

Interview Questions

• None. All generic stuff like: When was a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

I was recruited for my position by a store manager, who approached me at my then current job. I called her to set up and interview and quickly met with her and discussed what I wanted in a job and what she could offer. She then suggested as a candidate to another store manager and I had a second interview with another store manager, which went well. A couple weeks later I got a third interview with yet a third and then finally with the District Manager. On my fifth interview, I was offered a job, finally! Geeesh! Phew!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, GA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Rome, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I had called the store manager last Friday (April 20, 2012), told her I had applied on snagajob.com. She informed me that the position was filled but she would keep my name and number in case something comes available. She called me on Monday (April 23, 2012) for an interview on short notice of that afternoon, I went to the interview had a great time. I really enjoyed the interview, she asked normal interview questions. She told me it was a full time position, and what she expected. I left the interview with being told that she would run my background check and I would hear back from her on Wednesday (April 25, 2012). I called her on the 26th to see where things were going, and she said that she would check the status of the back ground check and call me soon. So im waiting to hear back, I REALLY hope I hear back.