Michaels Stores Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Department Manager Interview Questions

2.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was at a job fair to fill multiple locations that were opening in 2008. It was a 1:1 interview process but there were 2 other store managers in the room with other candidates. They asked the same retail interview questions as everyone else.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome many obstacles to finish a task with a deadline   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I interviewed twice for this position. The first interview was very basic. They asked about my education, experience, goals, etc. The waiting period was long though. It was a week and a half before I heard anything. The second interview was filling out paperwork, negotiating pay, etc.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

very basic, they judge you by your apperance. and if you can pass the personality test. my interviewer was really spacey and vague as to the expectations of the job

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2012.

Interview

was ok. People were nice. Questions I feel are mainly to check out your personality. They're the same as everyone asks. You answer them the best you can but they make you feel like they have nothing to do with the job you're interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• the same assessment questions they all ask   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Rochester, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

I met with the store manager at another location.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online as I was moving to the area. I was called back within a few days by the store manager, and we had a quick phone interview going over the positions that were available, location, and my experience. During that call we scheduled a face to face interview for the following week. Was met promptly on time for the face to face. Manager was extremely pleasant - did not ask a lot of questions, was mostly just discussion about what the position required.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for $2 more per hour than I was offered based on my current pay rate from the company I was working for at the time, and based on my experience - I already had 10 years of management experience coming into the position.

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Marion, IA) in August 2009.

Interview

interviewing process was very basic and rushed because they are always behind in hiring and with the low pay they tend to attract subpar talent. through process once hired. good training once hired. basic screen out questions. not a hard interview. know the product and store before going in. know what area you want to work in and be prepared to show how you can contribute

Interview Questions

• none very difficult. what makes you a good employee and how can you help the organization   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. they give you what they pay and you take it or leave it

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

short phone interview with the store manager, I was called in for a one on one interview with the manager in the store, she then set me up with a phone interview with district manager a week later. I had to do a personality test and an aptitude test.

Department Manager Interview

Interview

My interview went well, and I'd have taken the job if I thought I could have done it justice. But it was clear that the home office is too corporate and rigid to accept the kind of change that's needed to make the e-commerce side of the business take off.

Interview Questions

• How would I choose to use Michael's crafting supplies to "personalize" my cubicle for (some kind of contest/event they had each year)?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2010.

Interview

asked different scenarios