Michaels Stores Floral Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Floral Designer Interview Questions

1.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I was under the impression that I was to be hired as a floral designer, as that is what I applied for and had prepared for. Upon arriving to my interview, I found out this store did not have a floral designer (so why offer it or call me, then?), but that they were in desperate need of someone to "tie bows for the holiday season". The Asst. Store Manager that interviewed me essentially hired me on the spot and didn't ask many questions other than "can you tie a bow?" I reluctantly accepted the position, as I knew they would end up making me be a cashier/floor associate more than I'd tie bows. And I was absolutely right! Now I'm stuck doing a job I'd rather not do because I don't want to leave them hanging right before the holidays.

Interview Questions

• You have a full time career - what are you doing wanting to work at Michael's?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (North Haven, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very a profesional.Sat down for about an hour,the manager was so nice and the prosses was easy.NIce place to work love the store and all the people that work there I meet the same day.

Interview Questions

• Where I used to work,can I make an arrangement in a time lot.How long was I a floral person and how many can I make in an hour,can I come in when called even i am not on the sheet,they were very nice I do love the place.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocoee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Ocoee, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Manager contacted me by phone months after I had applied. I told him I was only interested in full time. He said even though it was part time he could pay me more than where I am currently working (a competitor). I decided I would go ahead and set up an interview. Rushed over after finishing my shift and got there early. Took the toll road so I could make it on time. Manager was more than an hour late. He was out running errands. The only reason I stayed was because I had already come all the way across town and didn't want to reschedule. After telling me how important the position is and how it's a money maker for the store he told me again he could pay me more than what I was making. I'm paid right now 10.00/hr. He offered me 10.85. What a joke! I told him the minimum I would accept was 12.00/hr. That's what the florist who taught me was paid back in 1998 when I worked at another craft store.

Interview Questions

• He asked me how many arrangements I could make in a day.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Phila, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

extended questions on floral processes and knowledge tests, including customer presentation for weddings, funeral work and special occasions. Online Application mandatory for all positions within company , including aptitude test. Once this is passed, in person interviews can happen. My prior work experience in floral design and sales management helped me get the initial interview. I would still recommend to make a person to person introduction at the store you want to apply for a position.

Interview Questions

• describe your worst experience with a customer and how did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

depending for what type of position you are applying, previous experience in your chosen field is a definite plus and will have an impact on compensation.
    I found Michaels to be very accommodating in regard to my life circumstances as well as monetary compensation .

Floral Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2010.

Interview

they will ask for experience and how quickly you can produce pieces

Interview Questions

• would you turn in an associate if you knew they were doing something wrong   Answer Question